- Soccer Rumors: Arturo Vidal Not Heading To Manchester United, Liverpool Interested - Jul 25, 2014
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United - Jul 21, 2014
- Soccer Rumors: Chelsea Eyeing Atletico Madrid’s Joao Miranda - Jul 19, 2014
Die Mannschaft was the best national side in the 2014 FIFA World Cup — by far. Head Coach, Joachim Low, lead Germany to its first World Cup win since 1990, making this Germany’s fourth ever World Cup win.
Germany dominated in nearly all aspects of the tournament. They scored the most goals of any team in the tournament with 18 as they proved to be powerhouses on offense and nearly unstoppable. Their finishing was top class with Thomas Müller, Toni Kroos, and Miroslav Klose behind the ball.
They completed 82 percent of their passes, and it was visible in their style of play. Germany was fantastic at passing the ball and held the second highest passing completion percentage of the World Cup.
Their passing skill resulted in the highest average possession per game out of any national team in the cup. Germany did very well holding the ball and were patient until an opening could be breached.
Manuel Neuer was magnificent and won the Golden Glove award. With 24 saves in the entire tournament, the German stood on his head and came out of his net to clear the ball when necessary. It was a pleasure watching Neuer revolutionize the way goalkeepers play their position.
Goals Scored: 18 (1st)
Goals Conceded: 4 (8th)
Completed Passes: 82% (2nd)
Attacks: 314 (3rd)
Shot on goal per total shots: 72% (1st)
Possession: 58% (1st)
Completed Clearances: 85% (13th)
Saves: 24 (2nd)
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread