The only team that played last night that is also playing tonight is the Anaheim Ducks. They’re fortunate in that they face a team in the Ottawa Senators that isn’t very good. There is no real big favorite on the board tonight, so goaltending may be an issue.
It’s a night where there are not very many expensive players on the board. There are only 10 skaters with a price tag over $6500, so more than usual, spending on the blue line isn’t a bad idea.
There are some defensively deficient teams playing tonight, so there could be some big GPP scores. Check out the DraftKings Sniper contest tonight. The entry is just $2, there is $6,500 guaranteed, and the top 750 places pay out.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on DraftKings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Krejci (BOS) – $4800||Drouin (TBL) – $3800||Kronwall (DET) – $4500||Howard (DET) – $7900|
|Datsyuk (DET) – $6200||Gaudreau (CGY) – $4400||Daley (DAL) – $4200||Anderson (OTT) – $8900|
|Eakin (DAL) – $3800||Benn (DAL) – $7500||Hedman (TBL) – $5100|
|Monahan (CGY) – $4700||Tatar (DET) – $4700||Hamilton (BOS) – $4100|
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $4700||Ryan (OTT) – $5800|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8800||Jagr (NJD) – $4700|
|Byfuglien (WPG) – $6700|
- The Lightning did not have a morning skate today, so lines won’t be confirmed until pre-game warmups. However, Jonathan Drouin played the entire game on the Stamkos line on Tuesday night, and is a must-play if he’s there again tonight.
- Cody Eakin is skating on the top line in Dallas, and is a very cheap way to get exposure to that trio.
- It’s probably safe to say Dustin Byfuglien will push 30 minutes with all of the Winnipeg injuries on the blue line. He has a reasonable floor tonight.
- The Islanders have the league’s worst penalty kill and Niklas Kronwall runs the top unit.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Sheahan (DET) – $3500||Jurco (DET) – $2900||DeKeyser (DET) – $2700||Lehtonen (DAL) – $7600|
|Seguin (DAL) – $9400||Benn (DAL) – $7500||Daley (DAL) – $4200||Nabokov (TBL) – $6900|
|Eakin (DAL) – $3800||Callahan (TBL) – $5100||Hedman (TBL) – $5100|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8800||Marchand (BOS) – $5000||Hamilton (BOS) – $4100|
|Filppula (TBL) – $4500||Drouin (TBL) – $3800|
|Bergeron (BOS) – $6500|
|Griffith (BOS) – $2500|
- The Detroit second power play unit is very cheap tonight, which allows a lot of lineup flexibility.
- Drouin is playing alongside Stamkos, but not regularly on the power play yet. That is a bit of a hit to his upside in a GPP.
- The Tampa Bay goalie is not confirmed yet today, but I would absolutely take Andrei Vasilevskiy if he gets the start in net.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Cedric Paquette (TBL-C, $2500) – If Tampa does damage at even strength, I would think it’s against the depth of New Jersey.
Tomas Jurco (DET-W, $2900) – Playing the second power play unit in Detroit could be a good spot tonight.
Anton Stralman (TBL-D, $2900) – He’s almost a must-play as long as he stays at this price.