The weekend grouping of daily fantasy hockey tournaments was an interesting one, especially the Saturday night slate. Dallas was a massive favorite against Columbus with an over/under of 6. Guess how many players the $10,000 winner of FanDuel’s $3 NHL Breakaway tournament had from this game? Zero. Dallas would go on to be shut out by Columbus 3-0.
If you didn’t play Dallas skaters you were already better off than about 25% of the field. The Dallas ownership percentages for some of their top players broke down as follows:
Tyler Seguin: 24.7%
Jamie Benn: 21.7%
Ales Hemsky 14.2%
John Klingberg 14.2%
The San Jose Sharks were also favorites against Detroit with a 5.5 over/under. The Sharks were a fairly popular tournament choice. Guess what happened? Shut out. Detroit won 3-0. Jimmy Howard had 44 points on FanDuel and DFS player stacks that included Thornton/Paveleski/Burns amounted to almost nothing.
This brings me back to last Thursday’s winning lineups where Varlamov was a big underdog but went on to get owners 41.6 points at 0.6% ownership — and ultimately help the push the winning lineup on FanDuel’s $3 GPP.
We can’t be afraid of risk. In fact, we should embrace it. Keep this in mind for future slates where we have a larger player pool to choose from.
Tonight, we only have two games, which always condenses ownership percentage and makes it difficult to differentiate your lineups, especially if you are going to enter some $3 lineups into FanDuel’s Mon NHL Breakaway with 15,686 other lineups.
To the games:
Philadelphia Flyers @ Montreal Canadiens — Montreal is the favorite, 5 O/U
Calgary Flames @ Chicago Blackhawks — Chicago is the favorite 5.5 O/U
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread