Two teams played last night that are also playing tonight in San Jose and Nashville. Given that Nashville is going into New Jersey and San Jose is going into Vancouver, only one Nashville/San Jose are fine to pick against in cash games. I’ll let the readers figure that one out.
Tampa Bay is the largest favorite I’ve seen this season at (-500), via Covers Experts. If it was Vasilevskiy starting with his $6400 price tag, I would have no problem taking him. I’m serious when I say, though, that Buffalo may not reach 15 shots tonight. It’ll be tough for Ben Bishop to reach value. Roberto Luongo is in a good spot with a good price, and the same goes for Ducks goalie Frederik Andersen.
-$7,500 prize pool.
– First place wins $600
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 850 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Tuesday, March 3 at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Backstrom (WSH) – $5200||Kucherov (TBL) – $4800||Garrison (TBL) – $4500||Luongo (FLA) – $7600|
|Johnson (TBL) – $6500||Perry (ANA) – $7800||Doughty (LAK) – $5000||Andersen (ANA) – $7500|
|Lee (NYI) – $4500||Simmonds (PHI) – $5400||Fowler (ANA) – $3700||Quick (LAK) – $9400|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $8000||Toffoli (LAK) – $4400||Ekblad (FLA) – $3900|
|Barkov (FLA) – $3700||Forsberg (NSH) – $5100|
|Sedin (VAN) – $4700||Pominville (MIN) – $5100|
|Carter (LAK) – $5500||Kassian (VAN) – $3500|
|Benn (DAL) – $7500|
- Backstrom’s price tonight is absurd. He should be a mainstay in a lot of cash lineups.
- Pick your favorite Tampa Bay players, not sure it matters tonight.
- Anders Lee’s price still hasn’t gone up.
- Wayne Simmonds plays on the top line with Claude Giroux and gets good power play minutes.
- There are a lot of good values on the wing tonight, so beyond Corey Perry, there’s not a lot of need to spend on the wing.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Johnson (TBL) – $6500||Palat (TBL) – $5400||Garrison (TBL) – $4500||Mason (PHI) – $7900|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $8000||Kucherov (TBL) – $4800||Fowler (ANA) – $3700||Schneider (NJD) – $8700|
|Sedin (VAN) – $4700||Perry (ANA) – $7800||Carlson (WSH) – $7200||Lack (VAN) – $7300|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $5200||Sekac (ANA) – $2800||Campbell (FLA) – $3500|
|Barkov (FLA) – $3700||Sedin (VAN) – $5900|
|Kassian (VAN) – $3500|
|Chimera (WSH) – $2800|
|Ovechkin (WSH) – $9300|
|Jagr (FLA) – $4200|
|Huberdeau (FLA) – $4400|
- Tampa will be very widely owned. Keep that in mind.
- Anaheim should also be fairly widely owned, but the caveat here is that the Sekac and Palmieri split time on the top line last game. Expect Palmieri to start there, but who knows who will finish.
- Vancouver hosting San Jose after San Jose played last night is a good spot for them, especially considering they can be stacked for under 30-percent of the cap.
- Washington has mixed its power play lines of late, and that makes it tough for them to stack. I would use Chimera and hope for a point on the power play.
- Florida is a good cheap stack for those that want to shy off of Vancouver.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Evgeny Kuznetsov (WSH-C, $2900) – Top power play minutes for Washington.
Jason Chimera (WSH-W, $2800) – See: Above.
Matt Dumba (MIN-D, $3100) – Still getting second unit power play minutes for the Wild, and has been consistently playing 18+ minutes of late.