The only teams that played last night that are also playing tonight are two teams that are playing each other in Carolina and the NY Islanders. With Carolina being at home, they should be looked at in a more favorable light, if only to win the game. These teams won’t have game day skates, so starting goalies and actual lineup combinations won’t be known until pre-game skate at 6:30 eastern.
The big favorites on the board are New Jersey at home to Buffalo. Reminder, though, that New Jersey plays stifling defense and Buffalo doesn’t generate a lot of shots. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Sabres end up with under 20 shots on goal. In that sense, Cory Schneider is a bit of a risky start in net as there is not much margin for error. One goal against might push value, two goals against will make value very hard to reach. Other favorites include St. Louis and Nashville.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Stastny (STL) – $4900||Perron (PIT) – $5000||Zidlicky (NJD) – $3700||Schneider (NJD) – $8100|
|Giroux (PHI) – $7700||Voracek (PHI) – $5600||Pietrangelo (STL) – $5000||Elliott (STL) – $8300|
|Malkin (PIT) – $7800||Tarasenko (STL) – $6800||Streit (PHI) – $4000||Rinne (NSH) – $9300|
|Bjugstad (FLA) – $5300||Cammalleri (NJD) – $4500||Savard (CBJ) – $3500|
|Dubinsky (CBJ) – $4900||Kessel (TOR) – $6700|
|Zajac (NJD) – $3400||Atkinson (CBJ) – $5500|
|Lindholm (CAR) – $4100||Neal (NSH) – $5800|
- Stastny was moved between Tarasenko and Schwartz at the latest skate and practice, so he provides a tremendous value tonight at centre.
- Looking at the prices, there isn’t much need to go way off the board tonight. I don’t see much need to dig deeper than the first five centres and wingers listed.
- If I pay up for one defenceman today, it’s Alex Pietrangelo. With no Shattenkirk still, he’s getting prime minutes, and it’s a prime matchup.
- For those that want to avoid Schneider, Brian Elliott is a fine pivot for a similar price.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Giroux (PHI) – $7700||Voracek (PHI) – $5600||Streit (PHI) – $4000||Khudobin (CAR) – $6700|
|Schenn (PHI) – $3700||Tarasenko (STL) – $6800||Pietrangelo (STL) – $5000||Luongo (FLA) – $8000|
|Stastny (STL) – $4900||Schwartz (STL) – $5000||Letang (PIT) – $6500|
|Crosby (PIT) – $9000||Perron (PIT) – $5000||Faulk (CAR) – $5600|
|Lindholm (CAR) – $4100||Kunitz (PIT) – $5300||Savard (CBJ) – $3500|
|Nash (CAR) – $2700||Skinner (CAR) – $5300|
|Dubinsky (CBJ) – $4900||Atkinson (CBJ) – $5500|
- Philly seems to be an obvious stack tonight. With the relative prices of Schenn and Voracek now, the stack isn’t prohibitive to stacking other top flight players, either.
- Ditto goes for Stastny-Schwartz-Tarasenko. Those are all pretty good prices for what is an excellent line in an excellent matchup.
- I like Pittsburgh tonight, but more specifically, I like Kunitz/Perron on the wing at their prices. That means DFSers don’t have to pay up for Crosby.
- A good, cheap, off-the-board stack is the Nash line for Carolina. They should avoid the pairing of Boychuk-Leddy.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Corey Tropp (CBJ-W, $2900) – Joined the top line with Johansen-Hartnell.