There are no teams on the second of a back-to-back, so that’s one thing to remove from analysis tonight.
The biggest favorite on the board is Los Angeles, and with good reason. Martin Jones looks to be in net for Los Angeles, and he should get the win tonight. Shots against are a concern because New Jersey doesn’t take many and Los Angeles doesn’t allow many, but I’m personally not confident in any other cash game goalie besides possibly Frederik Andersen of Anaheim.
Don’t forget to check out the newly-announced Fantasy Hockey World Championship on DraftKings. There are qualifiers running regularly on DraftKings to earn a ticket to this live event in Las Vegas. Click through here to look at the contest details, prizes, and qualifiers.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Backstrom (WSH) – $6000||Perry (ANA) – $6700||Niskanen (WSH) – $3600||Jones (LAK) – $8200|
|Carter (LAK) – $5500||Atkinson (CBJ) – $4100||Muzzin (LAK) – $4800|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $8100||Gallagher (MTL) – $5100||Markov (MTL) – $4200|
|Bozak (TOR) – $4600||Maroon (ANA) – $3400||Fowler (ANA) – $3500|
|Plekanec (MTL) – $5800||Gaborik (LAK) – $5700||Green (WSH) – $5200|
|Schenn (LAK) – $4400||Ovechkin (WSH) – $9000|
|Burakovsky (WSH) – $3100|
- Philadelphia’s penalty kill isn’t very good, and it’s a short slate. In that sense, I can’t argue with paying up for Ovechkin, especially with other good, cheap wing options like Maroon and Atkinson.
- Perry’s price has come down to the point where he should be a lock in cash game lineups.
- Tomas Plekanec is centering a new top line in Montreal with Max Pacioretty and Brendan Gallagher.
- Brayden Schenn is a cheap center to get exposure to the Philadelphia top line without paying a premium price.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Kopitar (LAK) – $7100||Gaborik (LAK) – $5700||Muzzin (LAK) – $4800||Bobrovsky (CBJ) – $8000|
|Carter (LAK) – $5500||Perry (ANA) – $6700||Fowler (ANA) – $3500||Schneider (NJD) – $8300|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $8300||Maroon (ANA) – $3400||Green (WSH) – $5200|
|Johansson (WSH) – $4100||Brouwer (WSH) – $4300||Rielly (TOR) – $3400|
|Bozak (TOR) – $4600||Kessel (TOR) – $8000|
|Winnik (TOR) – $2900|
- In goal, I do like Bobrovsky tonight. There aren’t many good places to go, so he would be top of the list. For those that stay off the Kings, I don’t mind Cory Schneider, either.
- Los Angeles did stack their top line, and that helps pick out the stack.
- If I go with Washington players, I probably avoid the higher-owned forwards. With the Philadelphia penalty kill being last in the league, there is potential for the other line mates to contribute.
- With Daniel Winnik on the top line in Toronto, the Leafs are fairly stackable. The Kessel-Bozak-Winnik salary total allows to stack any other top line tonight.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Daniel Winnik (TOR-W, $2900) – An assist gets him to value, and playing with Phil Kessel, that’s not unlikely.
Nathan Beaulieu (MTL-D) – $2700 – Beaulieu has cracked 17 minutes in ice time seven times this year, five of them in the last seven games. He could reach value without registering a point.