- Daily Fantasy Basketball: DraftKings Cheat Sheet – April 1 - Apr 1, 2015
- Daily Fantasy Basketball: DraftKings Cheat Sheet – March 31 - Mar 31, 2015
- Daily Fantasy Basketball: DraftKings Cheat Sheet – March 30 - Mar 30, 2015
Daily Fantasy Basketball is in full swing, which means each day XN Sports will have a column detailing advised plays and lineups for the remainder of the NBA season. For those familiar with DraftKings, their daily fantasy basketball is formatted differently this season. There is no multi-position eligibility, which makes it a bit harder to set your lineup.
For those unfamiliar with DraftKings, you are given $50,000 in cap space to select a point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, center, a guard, a forward, and a utility player. There are no points deducted for missed shots, which changes the strategy from other sites. To read the full scoring, click here. Keep in mind that a double-double awards a bonus, which can be the difference between cashing in and winning nothing.
Generally, the goal for value is at five times a player’s salary, plus five points. That brings a lineup to 290 fantasy points, which will cash each day.
Give DraftKings a shot, as there will be a few freeroll opportunities each night in Daily Fantasy Basketball. Click here to play.
Rather than value plays and lineups tonight, XN will give you a cheat sheet with the best plays at each position.
For those who frequent this column: if you like this idea let us know. If you prefer the other format, let us know as well.
Each position will have a few guys that we like for each night, ranked from top to bottom. To find these players, tools like usage rate, defense vs. position, injuries, minutes, and more are used.
There is a lot of news that will affect lineups tonight, stay informed before tip.
Elfrid Payton, Orlando Magic $5,200
Jeff Teague, Atlanta Hawks $7,400
Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies $8,000
Dante Exum, Utah Jazz $3,700
Victor Oladipo, Orlando Magic $5,600
Arron Afflalo, Denver Nuggets $5,900
Wesley Matthews, Portland Trail Blazers $6,100
No cheap values at shooting guard for today’s slate.
Andrew Wiggins, Minnesota Timberwolves $6,300
Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz $8,100
Matt Barnes, Los Angeles Clippers $4,900
Joe Ingles, Utah Jazz $3,000
Danny Granger, Miami Heat $4,000
Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers $11,300
Pau Gasol, Chicago Bulls $9,200
Robert Covington, Philadelphia 76ers $5,500
Trevor Booker, Utah Jazz $3,000
Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz $4,900
Bismack Biyombo, Charlotte Hornets $4,300
Hassan Whiteside, Miami Heat $3,300
Joel Freeland, Portland Trail Blazers $3,800
– Hassan Whiteside has averaged 23.5 fantasy points per game in the last two, and is still priced just over the minimum.
– Matt Barnes is a low-owned GPP play who could have a big day against the Sixers, who have given up the most fantasy points to opposing small forwards, per DraftKings.
– Gordon Hayward’s usage rate is very high with the injuries to the Jazz’ rotation. He is worth a flier if you can fit him in.
– Trevor Booker has a 19.2 usage rate with the Jazz’s current situation, and has played the most minutes among all remaining big men. He is an interesting play at his price.
If you have any questions or concerns leading to tip, let me know on Twitter @JoshCollacchi.
*Keep an eye on the inactives, as things in the NBA change at the last second. Good luck tonight.