St. Louis and Nashville both played last night, and are playing each other tonight. That could be a high-scoring game. Montreal and Los Angeles both played last night as well, though I’m not targeting against the Kings (but am against Montreal). The Kings are the biggest favorite on the board via Covers Experts.
With half the teams playing last night, there’s no telling what lines might be. Two names to watch for are Patrik Berglund and Mike Richards. Berglund joined the Lehtera-Tarasenko line after Chris Porter was injured (and he will not play tonight) while Richards was moved between Toffoli-Pearson late in the game in lieu of Trevor Lewis.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Berglund (STL) – $3500||Tarasenko (STL) – $8500||Ekblad (FLA) – $3800||Luongo (FLA) – $8400|
|Couture (SJS) – $7900||Marleau (SJS) – $5000||Muzzin (LAK) – $4800||Niemi (SJS) – $8700|
|Carter (LAK) – $7100||Hayes (FLA) – $3300||Ellis (NSH) – $4100||Quick (LAK) – $7900|
|Bjugstad (FLA) – $4300||Forsberg (NSH) – $6500||Burns (SJS) – $6600|
|Sedin (VAN) – $3800||Toffoli (LAK) – $4400|
|Wilson (NSH) – $4600||Vrbata (VAN) – $5900|
|Hall (EDM) – $7700|
- Berglund is a must-play if he is indeed playing with Tarasenko-Lehtera. Of course, that won’t be known until pre-game skate.
- I don’t mind the duo of Couture/Marleau tonight. There are few good options on this short slate.
- Spending a bit extra on defense is recommended tonight, as it is on most short slates.
- I like Luongo in net a lot tonight. Montreal had no jump in their game last night and I doubt it gets better against the Panthers.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Bjugstad (FLA) – $4300||Huberdeau (FLA) – $4100||Ekblad (FLA) – $3800||Luongo (FLA) – $8400|
|Trocheck (FLA) – $3700||Neal (NSH) – $5700||Josi (NSH) – $6200||Scrivens (EDM) – $6400|
|Fisher (NSH) – $5100||Marleau (SJS) – $5000||Burns (SJS) – $6600|
|Wilson (NSH) – $4600||Wingels (SJS) – $4400||Muzzin (LAK) – $4800|
|Couture (SJS) – $7900||Toffoli (LAK) – $4400|
|Richards (LAK) – $2700||Pearson (LAK) – $2700|
- The Los Angeles stack is cheap and has a good matchup tonight.
- I like Florida’s spot tonight against Montreal, and hopefully the Bjugstad line can get away from the Subban pairing.
- For those that don’t chase the Kings, Scrivens is about as high-variance as it gets in net.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Mike Richards (LAK-C, $2700) – May be playing on the second line tonight.
Tanner Pearson (LAK-W, $2700) – See: above.