Buffalo and Tampa Bay are the only two teams that played last night that are also playing tonight. There are serious injury implications in both of their games, too: Earlier today, it was announced that Winnipeg defenceman Jacob Trouba will be out until February. With Tobias Enstrom and Zach Bogosian already out of the lineup, expect a whole lot of Dustin Byfuglien, sprinkled with some Paul Postma. Tampa Bay lost goalie Ben Bishop last night to an injury, and called up prospect Andrei Vasilevskiy as a result. If Evgeni Nabokov is in net for Tampa Bay tonight, it’s all-systems-go for Philly’s offence.
Winnipeg, Montreal, and Detroit are all heavy favorites tonight, though Winnipeg will drop because of the loss of Trouba. I’ll be hard-pressed to use a goalie not named Howard or Price tonight in cash games.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Filppula (TBL) – $4200||Voracek (PHI) – $7200||Ouellet (DET) – $3000||Price (MTL) – $8700|
|Datsyuk (DET) – $5600||Wheeler (WPG) – $6400||Stone (ARI) – $3900||Pavelec (WPG) – $6500|
|Little (WPG) – $5400||Boedker (ARI) – $4500||Streit (PHI) – $4700||Howard (DET) – $7600|
|Smith (NSH) – $4200||Tatar (DET) – $5000||Stralman (TBL) – $2900|
|Toews (CHI) – $5400||Drouin (TBL) – $3400|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8800||Saad (CHI) – $4800|
|Galchenyuk (MTL) – $4200||Pacioretty (MTL) – $7000|
|Jooris (CGY) – $3100||Hall (EDM) – $5800|
|Zuccarello (NYR) – $4700|
- Easier zone starts and softer competition has been the norm of late for Pavel Datsyuk and his line mates.
- Voracek is still (seemingly) a bit under-priced, and could have a very good matchup tonight if Evgeni Nabokov indeed starts for Tampa Bay.
- Jonathan Drouin spent his final few shifts last night on the Steven Stamkos line.
- Xavier Ouellet stepped into the PP2 role that was occupied by Jakub Kindl. With Danny DeKeyser returning tonight, though, it remains to be seen if he stays there.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Giroux (PHI) – $899||Voracek (PHI) – $7200||Streit (PHI) – $4700||Dubnyk (ARI) – $6900|
|Little (WPG) – $5400||Raffl (PHI) – $3700||Postma (WPG) – $2500||Pavelec (WPG) – $6500|
|Vermette (ARI) – $4800||Ladd (WPG) – $6100||Yandle (ARI) – $5800|
|Datsyuk (DET) – $5600||Wheeler (WPG) – $6400||Kronwall (DET) – $4300|
|Helm (DET) – $3900||Boedker (ARI) – $4500||Brodie (CGY) – $4500|
|Jooris (CGY) – $3100||Tatar (DET) – $5000|
|Gaudreau (CGY) – $4900|
|Hudler (CGY) – $4800|
- Giroux and Voracek combined for 2 goals and 4 points in their last meeting with Tampa. Hopefully it’s Evgeni Nabokov in net.
- There’s no one on Buffalo that can stop the Winnipeg top line.
- Datsyuk and Tatar should see a lot of offensive zone time tonight.
- Arizona and Calgary are both relatively cheap stacks, which helps fit in more expensive players on the rest of the roster.
- There are very good values among the forwards tonight, so spending a bit extra on defence isn’t a bad idea.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Sven Andrighetto (MTL-W, $2500) – Andrighetto is playing in Montreal’s top six forwards mix, including power play time.
Paul Postma (WPG-D, $2500) – With Jacob Trouba out for the foreseeable future, expect a lot more minutes for Postma (including the power play).