The only team that played last night that is playing tonight is the St. Louis Blues. It should also mark the return of Martin Brodeur in net for the first time this year. Just a friendly reminder that statistically, he’s the worst goalie in the NHL since the start of the 2010 season.
The big favorite today is obviously Tampa Bay at home to Buffalo, with Detroit and Toronto after them. The Leafs are at home to the Devils today, and New Jersey is dealing with a lot of injuries right now. It could be a very good night for the Leafs.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Johansen (CBJ) – $5700||Killorn (TBL) – $4200||Leddy (NYI) – $3100||Bishop (TBL) – $7900|
|Datsyuk (DET) – $5700||Okposo (NYI) – $5800||Maatta (PIT) – $3700||Bernier (TOR) – $7800|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8500||Nyquist (NYI) – $5200||Hedman (TBL) – $5700||Howard (DET) – $7300|
|Tavares (NYI) – $7200||Kessel (TOR) – $8200||Wisniewski (CBJ) – $4100|
|Bozak (TOR) – $6500||Hartnell (CBJ) – $4800||Rielly (TOR) – $3700|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4000||Pearson (LAK) – $2900|
|Vermette (ARI) – $4200||Neal (NSH) – $5500|
|Malkin (PIT) – $8800||Boedker (ARI) – $4300|
- Toronto, NY Islanders, and Tampa Bay should be the crux of cash game lineups today.
- The Islanders defense corps is a bit beat up, and that’s put Nick Leddy in a prime position (much like Olli Maatta).
- Tanner Pearson’s price has dropped to almost nothing. Using him allows a lot of flexibility in lineups.
- I don’t particularly love Nashville’s matchup today, but I do like the shooting tutor they’ll be firing pucks at tonight.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Johnson (TBL) – $5900||Palat (TBL) – $5000||Stralman (TBL) – $3500||Bernier (TOR) – $7800|
|Datsyuk (DET) – $5700||Kucherov (TBL) – $4800||Kindl (DET) – $2600||Ramo (CGY) – $8600|
|Kopitar (LAK) – $4700||Tatar (DET) – $4700||Muzzin (LAK) – $4400||Jones (LAK) – $7200|
|Carter (LAK) – $4500||Pearson (LAK) – $2900||Leddy (NYI) – $3100|
|Tavares (NYI) – $7200||Okposo (NYI) – $5800||Wideman (CGY) – $5200|
|Nielsen (NYI) – $4700||Gaudreau (CGY) – $5000|
|Jooris (CGY) – $3800||Hudler (CGY) – $6100|
- It’ll be tough to get away from the Lightning tonight, but maybe avoiding high ownership rates is at least one option.
- The Los Angeles Kings have a decent matchup and their top line is very cheap.
- It looks like Calgary-Colorado may be high scoring but I don’t feel excellent about taking each side.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Markus Granlund (CGY-C, $2500) – Granlund has been taken off the power play but has a great matchup against the depth plays of Colorado.
David Savard (CBJ-D, $2800) – Columbus doesn’t have a great matchup but I might try to get guys like Savard who are on the PP for cheap.