The NHL saw it fit to have one game on Sunday, yet have SIXTEEN TEAMS on the second game of a back to back tonight. It’s actually faster to name which teams are not on the second night of a back to back. That will make DFS difficult tonight for a few reasons:
- No morning skates. Teams on the second game of a back to back very rarely have morning skates, and that’s where scratches, starting goalies, and lines are usually announced. That will make knowing line mates difficult, or imprecise at least.
- There’s no telling how some goalies may perform. Goalies playing both legs of a back to back are usually good to pick against, but again, there will be no telling who that will be for the most part.
For those playing daily hockey tonight, it’ll be a good idea to be by a computer/mobile device about 30 minutes before each block of games. If it’s not possible, maybe tonight is a good night to take off.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Filppula (TBL) – $4400||Forsberg (NSH) – $5600||Fowler (ANA) – $3700||Bishop (TBL) – $7800|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4100||Hudler (CGY) – $4400||Redmond (COL) – $3500||Rinne (NSH) – $8000|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $6200||Kessel (TOR) – $7400||Jones (NSH) – $3200||Tokarski (MTL) – $7100|
|Bozak (TOR) – $5300||Pacioretty (MTL) – $7300||Garrison (TBL) – $4600|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8600||Perry (ANA) – $6600||Franson (TOR) – $4800|
|Spezza (DAL) – $5400||MacKinnon (COL) – $6900|
|Galchenyuk (MTL) – $4400||Kucherov (TBL) – $4400|
|Granlund (CGY) – $3900||O’Reilly (COL) – $4100|
|Tavares (NYI) – $7200|
- Tampa Bay and Nashville are both in very good spots tonight. With the price drop from Filip Forsberg and James Neal, it’ll be tough not to have one of them in most cash game lineups.
- Dallas/Colorado and Anaheim/San Jose should be defense-optional games, so even back to backs shouldn’t scare people off those teams.
- Calgary and Arizona could be a sneaky game that will have a lot of goals.
- With so much uncertainty in net, go with the safe goalies that are assured to start.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4100||Forsberg (NSH) – $5600||Josi (NSH) – $5100||Pickard (COL) – $6500|
|Filppula (TBL) – $4400||Neal (NSH) – $5800||Garrison (TBL) – $4600||Tokarski (MTL) – $7100|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8600||Callahan (TBL) – $5400||Wideman (CGY) – $4800||Bernier (TOR) – $7600|
|Granlund (CGY) – $3900||Hudler (CGY) – $4500||Phaneuf (TOR) – $4500|
|Bozak (TOR) – $5300||Gaudreau (CGY) – $4300||Redmond (COL) – $3500|
|Duchene (COL) – $5800||Kessel (TOR) – $7400|
|van Riemsdyk (TOR) – $6400|
|O’Reilly (COL) – $4100|
- Nashville and Tampa Bay should be staples of both cash game and GPP lineups tonight.
- Colorado could be a bit of an off-the-board play. Most people have shied away from them by now, and Dallas is poor defensively and likely starting Anders Lindback.
- Toronto will likely get to face Justin Peters in net for Washington tomorrow. I hate putting faith in the Leafs, but this is a good spot for them.
- With the mess in net, there will be a lot of ways to go for a goalie in a GPP.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Patrick Eaves (DAL-W, $2500) – With no concerns of plus/minus, getting a piece of Dallas’ top line in this game isn’t a bad idea.
Hampus Lindholm (ANA-D, $2900) – Starting to play some more minutes for the Ducks.