Two teams that played last night that are also playing tonight are Philadelphia and Vancouver. Both should be starting their backup goalies, while the Flyers looked a little… disorganized last night.
The biggest favorites tonight are out West in Los Angeles and San Jose, though I’m not so sure about that last team. Remember this is a San Jose team that has lost, twice, to the Buffalo Sabres this year. Being massive favorites against what is a better-than-average Florida is misleading for DFS purposes. Realistically, Minnesota should be much bigger favorites than they are, which makes me think Vegas knows something is up in that game.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Filppula (TBL) – $4600||Perry (ANA) – $6700||Daley (DAL) – $3400||Kuemper (MIN) – $6500|
|Granlund (MIN) – $3700||Benn (DAL) – $6600||Ellis (NSH) – $3700||Quick (LAK) – $8900|
|Vermette (ARI) – $4300||Callahan (NYR) – $5800||Stralman (TBL) – $3300||Rinne (NSH) – $8500|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $5900||Parise (MIN) – $5600||Suter (MIN) – $4300|
|Carter (LAK) – $5700||Kane (CHI) – $7100||Enstrom (WPG) – $3200|
|Richards (CHI) – $5500||Neal (NSH) – $7600|
|Lehtera (STL) – $6200||Gaborik (LAK) – $4700|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8000||Niederreiter (MIN) – $4800|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4800||Marleau (SJS) – $5000|
|Eakin (DAL) – $4100|
- Even with Tampa Bay likely widely-owned, it’s hard to get away from Valtteri Filppula’s price tonight. Same goes for Mikael Granlund.
- What will be overlooked is that though Dallas has a good matchup with Arizona, Arizona has equally as good a matchup as the Stars do. The Coyotes will not be widely owned.
- I know Patrick Marleau is on a skid, but his price is getting very, very low. It’ll be hard to leave him off of rosters.
- I like Kuemper a lot tonight. I do think that Minnesota line should be higher, so maybe something’s up. But everything points to a Minnesota win tonight.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Koivu (MIN) – $4200||Parise (MIN) – $5600||Suter (MIN) – $4300||Pavelec (WPG) – $6300|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4800||Neal (NSH) – $7600||Ellis (NSH) – $3700||Andersen (ANA) – $6200|
|Filppula (TBL) – $4600||Callahan (TBL) – $5800||Stralman (TBL) – $3300||Luongo (FLA) – $6600|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8000||Kane (CHI) – $7100||Seabrook (CHI) – $5100|
|Richards (CHI) – $5500||Marleau (SJS) – $5000||Vlasic (SJS) – $3200|
|Couture (SJS) – $5400||Kennedy (SJS) – $3000||Daley (DAL) – $3400|
|Eakin (DAL) – $4100||Benn (DAL) – $6600|
|Seguin (DAL) – $8800|
- Minnesota and Nashville both have plus matchups tonight. Those are the places to go without over-thinking it.
- Tampa Bay should be widely-owned tonight because of the last couple of games from the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’s still a great matchup for the Lightning.
- For those looking for a bit of a contrarian play, both Arizona and Florida have decent matchups and will probably not be tagged with high ownership rates tonight.
- I like Pavelec’s spot quite a bit tonight for a GPP, and the same goes with Frederik Andersen.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Vladislav Namestnikov (TBL-C, $2500) – The depth plays from Tampa Bay could have a very good night against the depth from Toronto.
Tom Wilson (WSH-W, $2900) – He’s still on the top line in Washington.
Keith Ballard (MIN-D, $2500) – Ballard seems slated to run the second power play unit.