- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
To retire or join LeBron James in Cleveland — that is the question.
Ray Allen, who has been contemplating hanging up his cleats after a Hall of Fame-worthy NBA career, is close to reuniting with James with the Cleveland Cavaliers, sources told the Boston Globe.
NBA source tells Globe that Ray Allen is leaning toward returning for 19th season and joining LeBron James with #cavaliers
— gary washburn (@GwashburnGlobe) July 24, 2014
This will be Allen’s 19th season in The Association, and it’s largely one last-ditch effort for the league’s all-time best 3-point shooter to compete for an NBA championship.
Allen, 39, averaged 9.6 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.0 assists in 26.5 minutes per game during the 2013-14 season, and shot 44 percent from the field and 38 percent from beyond the arc. Allen’s statistics have dwindled each of the past four seasons, as he has moved to a rotational backcourt player.
Reports indicate Allen will undergo an MRI on his knees on Thursday to determine whether or not he can still suit up, and if all goes well a signing could happen soon after.
Ray Allen told Sina in China he planned to return Thurs. & get MRIs on his legs before making future decision. Numerous teams interested.
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 23, 2014
Allen could be a veteran fill-in if the Cavaliers decide to pull the trigger on an Andrew Wiggins trade to acquire Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves. However, it’s unlikely that at this stage in his career he can play starter’s minutes, so Dion Waiters would likely get the nod at shooting guard.
Allen has also generated interest from the Houston Rockets and the Heat. All along, he has been “leaning toward” returning for another season. The Cavs, however, remain the favorite to sign him.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread