- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
Last week, it was reported that former Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ “short list” of potential draftees, and that the team was also in the mix for Johnny Manziel.
In an interview with NFL Media, first-year Bucs coach Lovie Smith conceded that the team will consider drafting a rookie quarterback with the seventh overall pick in May’s draft.
Among the teams that may show interest in Glennon are all ones that share a common trait: they don’t need a quarterback right now, but could use another player at the position to either replace their current quarterback in the long run or to take over at some point during next season.
The Tennessee Titans are one of those teams. Jake Locker remains under contract for the 2014 season, but has yet to prove he can stay healthy for a full 16-game season. He has also failed to prove to the new coaching staff that he is the long-term solution for the franchise. The Titans have met with a handful of Day 2 quarterback prospects, most noticeably Derek Carr, but adding Glennon gives the team a more proven commodity to compete or possibly take over for Locker.
The Arizona Cardinals are in a similar situation, as coach Bruce Arians has already knocked the top quarterbacks in the class, saying they all lack a “wow factor.” Arians has a track record of employing big-bodied, strong-armed signal-callers in his offense, and has flirted with prospects like Zach Mettenberger who could be available in Rounds 2 or 3. The team needs a viable backup option and future successor for Carson Palmer, and NFL Media’s Mike Silver has already confirmed the Cards’ interest in Glennon.
It has become clear that the New England Patriots are in the market for Tom Brady’s backup this draft and expect Ryan Mallett to be gone after his contract expires at the season’s end. The team has brought in Manziel and Bridgewater in for visits, and is reportedly “very high” on Tom Savage, but Bill Belichick may be more inclined for a quarterback with some starting experience already under his belt. Perhaps the Patriots should be considered a likely suitor for Glennon, who could be acquired for a mid-round pick.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread