- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
With James Jones now a member of the Oakland Raiders, the Carolina Panthers have whiffed on a majority of the top free-agent wide receivers. The pickings are slim, but the receiver-needy Panthers remain on the hunt.
Two options that have emerged are Kenny Britt and Mario Manningham. Britt, who fell out of favor with the Tennessee Titans, just wrapped up visits with the New England Patriots and Washington Redskins, and has drawn interest from Carolina in addition to the Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams. Manningham visited with his former club, the New York Giants, but has a relationship with Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman.
Titans WR Kenny Britt had completed visit with New England, now will travel to Washington. Panthers, Seahawks, Rams are interested as well.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2014
Miles Austin, Santonio Holmes, and Sidney Rice are also still on the market, though the Panthers’ interest in those veterans remains unknown.
After visiting with the Seahawks and Dallas Cowboys, Jared Allen remains unsigned. His agent, Ken Harris, told Pro Football Talk that his client has been in talks with “several teams” but has yet to receive “a fair contract.”
“While we feel that a player with his consistent production deserves a fair contract, that offer was not made to him,” Harris said.“ Jared loves the game of football, so if he finds the proper fit we will act on it.”
Previously, NFL.com reported Allen would threaten to retire if a team does not meet his contract demands. Those demands are reportedly what DeMarcus Ware received from the Denver Broncos — about a $30 million deal which, according to the report, is exactly what Denver had on the table for Allen.
The top free-agent defensive tackle continues to make the rounds as well. According to the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram, Henry Melton left the Cowboys facility without a contract and is making his way to meet with the St. Louis Rams.
Melton update: he is headed to visit the St. Louis rams today. Still talking to cowboys and others. But left Dallas visit with no deal
— Clarence Hill (@clarencehilljr) March 18, 2014
Per the report, Melton is still in talks with the Cowboys as well as other clubs — presumably the Seahawks, Minnesota Vikings, and Chicago Bears.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread