- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
The Houston Texans will take a quarterback with the top pick, according to longtime NFL beat writer John McClain.
I’ve been saying 4 weeks and I will say until I believe differently, but the Texans are taking a quarterback. I’ll be shocked if they don’t.
— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) March 3, 2014
Of course, this report is not as specific as some would like, as only Jadeveon Clowney is ruled out as being the Texans’ choice and instantly becomes the most coveted player on the board. The debate over Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater remains very much alive, though. Manziel is considered “the hometown kid” having played his college ball in the state of Texas, where Bridgewater is considered the most “NFL ready” and Bortles has prototypical pro quarterback size and arm strength.
According to NFL.com’s most recent mock draft, Bortles’ combine outing might have solidified his status as being “Houston’s guy.” Previously, NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell labeled Bortles as the best prospect of the bunch, but believes Clemson’s Sammy Watkins is a better player than any quarterback in the draft.
Not everybody is of that belief, though.
One personnel man told NFL.com Fresno State’s Derek Carr is the best quarterback of the group. Carr is XN Sports’ No. 4-rated quarterback prospects and is widely considered a first- or second-round pick.
2) I was surprised to hear one veteran personnel man I respect a bunch say Derek Carr was the best QB in the group.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) March 3, 2014
That sentiment is echoed by a report from the Los Angeles Times which indicates the Oakland Raiders list Carr higher on the board than Manziel in the aftermath of the NFL Combine.
Soon-to-be first-round pick Ra’Shede Hageman headlined Minnesota’s Pro Day, and according to reports close to 20 teams were in attendance. Among the coaches on hand for it: the Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs and Minnesota Vikings.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 3, 2014
Hageman is the third-ranked defensive prospect behind Florida State’s Timmy Jernigan and Notre Dame’s Louis Nix III. He’s been mocked to team such as the Pittsburgh Steelers as a successor to Casey Hampton or even more likely with Green Bay, which has both B.J. Raji and Ryan Pickett headed toward free agency.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread