- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
According to the report, the deal is worth $15.525 million but does not mean the club will not try to extend Scherzer a multi-year deal. The team is also trying to sign slugger Miguel Cabrera to a long-term contract.
Scherzer filed for arbitration Tuesday, with Friday being the deadline for teams and players to exchange salary figures. This was Scherzer’s final year of eligibility after agreeing to a $3.75 million deal in 2012 and a $6.725 million deal a year ago.
Should the Tigers and Scherzer begin working on a long-term deal, the contract Clayton Kershaw recently received from the Los Angeles may serve as a guideline. The two-time National League Cy Young Award winner was given a seven-year, $215-million contract extension. However, Scherzer is four years older than Kershaw and will turn 30 in July, so it’s unlikely his deal will be greater than Kershaw’s.
One factor to consider in future contract negotiations is that Scherzer’s agent is Scott Boras.
Scherzer enjoyed a career season in 2013, posting his lowest ERA (2.90) in his six reasons as a pro. He also tossed a career-high 214.1 innings and 240 strikeouts while allowing his lowest number of earned runs (69) in a season in which he started 30 or more games.
His success extended into the postseason, when he started three games, going 2-1 with a 2.82 ERA.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread