- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
Last night the Houston Texans lost their 11th consecutive game — this time to AFC South rival Jacksonville Jaguars — and finally, enough was enough.
According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, Houston fired head coach Gary Kubiak on Friday and named Wade Phillips the interim coach.
“We have more talent than Jacksonville and they beat us twice,” Texans Chairman and C.E.O. said during his press conference Friday. “That’s not acceptable.”
Expected to be an AFC Super Bowl contender, the Texans instead are 2-11 and are poised to own the No. 1 pick in May’s NFL Draft.
Kubiak spent eight seasons in Houston and went 61-64 during that span. He was the longest-tenured coach behind only Bill Belichick, Marvin Lewis and Tom Coughlin.
Kubiak coached the Texans to back-to-back AFC South titles the past two seasons, as well as a 22-10 mark from 2011 to 2012. This season, however, the team’s scoring output decreased by six points. They allowed eight more points per game and the turnover differential went from +19 to -14.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread