Latest posts by Michael Clifford (see all)
- An Argument for Montréal Keeping Alex Galchenyuk - Apr 27, 2017
- Coming to Terms with the Passing of Jose Fernandez - Sep 26, 2016
- NHL: Seth Jones Traded for Ryan Johansen; Jordan Weal’s Depth Problem - Jan 12, 2016
The only teams that played last night that are playing again tonight are Vancouver and Tampa Bay, and they’re both on the road. Vancouver goes into the meat grinder known as Nashville – yes, I’m aware they haven’t been great lately – while Tampa Bay goes into Toronto. Of note about Tampa Bay is that Tyler Johnson and Victor Hedman are both questionable. That should mean better minutes for Vlad Namestnikov, and more minutes for Anton Stralman.
The biggest favorites on the board – via Covers Experts – are Washington and Tampa Bay at (-200) each. With the injury concerns surrounding Tampa Bay, and their team situation tonight, I would hesitate at using their goaltender. I do like Braden Holtby tonight, however.
-$20,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $2,000
– $3 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,540 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts tonight at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
Remember: players are in order of value, not necessarily in cost. Just because Sidney Crosby is $8000 one day doesn’t mean he’s a better value than Andrew Shaw at $4000.
|Zetterberg (DET) – $5700||Forsberg (NSH) – $5200||Franson (NSH) – $3600||Holtby (WSH) – $8300|
|Jenner (CBJ) – $4400||Nyquist (DET) – $4900||Stralman (TBL) – $3400||Bobrovsky (CBJ) – $9300|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4400||Pastrnak (BOS) – $4100||Savard (CBJ) – $3500|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $5100||Killorn (TBL) – $3900||Byfuglien (WPG) – $6300|
|Scheifele (WPG) – $4800||Wheeler (WPG) – $8400|
|Johansen (CBJ) – $8000||Brouwer (WSH) – $4300|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8900||Atkinson (CBJ) – $7200|
- I will start by saying I have both Stamkos and Atkinson because there are so many good values up front today, it might not be easy to reach the cap. I don’t particularly like Stamkos’ price for tonight, and the same goes for Atkinson.
- Boone Jenner seems to be providing the best value for the top line in Columbus.
- With Pavel Datsyuk back for Detroit, I would expect easier in-game matchups for the Zetterberg line. That’s why I like Zetterberg over Datsyuk tonight.
- There isn’t a real need to spend up tonight on the blue line outside of Byfuglien. Josi carries a very hefty tag, and Franson has been seeing more minutes with Shea Weber out of the lineup.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Zetterberg (DET) – $5700||Nyquist (DET) – $4900||Kronwall (DET) – $4300||Mrazek (DET) – $7500|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4400||Abdelkader (DET) – $5100||Franson (NSH) – $3600||Pavelec (WPG) – $8600|
|Smith (NSH) – $4600||Forsberg (NSH) – $5200||Savard (CBJ) – $3500|
|Johansen (CBJ) – $8000||Atkinson (CBJ) – $7200||Stralman (TBL) – $3500|
|Jenner (CBJ) – $4400||Palat (TBL) – $5100|
|Namestnikov (TBL) – $3000||Kucherov (TBL) – $4500|
- I would expect the Datsyuk line to eat some of the tougher minutes tonight, so I’m leaning to the Zetterberg line for Detroit. Regardless of which line DFSers choose, I think the regression of Andrew Hammond continues tonight, so getting Detroit skaters into the lineup seems like a good idea.
- Nashville looks to be getting a tired Eddie Lack tonight, who will play his fifth game in eight nights. The Ribeiro line has stayed together, so that’s the line to target.
- I’m a fan of Columbus’ first line, but the prices tonight are a bit high. With that said, the other stacks aren’t that expensive, so that line doesn’t restrict the rest of the roster too much.
- If Johnson is out again for Tampa Bay, the line of Namestnikov-Palat-Kucherov is the target for me. DFSers will need to be by a mobile device as warmups start, though, just to make sure.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Cedric Paquette (TBL-C, $2700) – With the injuries to Tampa, it looks like Paquette will be on a line with Jonathan Drouin and Ryan Callahan. As with the GPP recommendations, check lines during warmup to make sure.
Viktor Stalberg (NSH-W, $2500) – I think there’s a good chance the depth from Nashville can get a couple on the Canucks tonight. Hopefully Stalberg is one of them.
Marc Staal (NYR-D, $2700) – Expect him to be in a position for a few blocked shots tonight.