Los Angeles, Minnesota, and Winnipeg all played last night. As of right now, Devan Dubnyk of Minnesota is the only goalie confirmed to play tonight that also played last night. Historically, goalies have fared much worse on the second game of a back-to-back than they otherwise would. Minnesota is still a good team, but so are the New York Islanders, so that’s something to keep in mind tonight.
Detroit is a huge favorite tonight at home tonight to Arizona, but they will be without Pavel Datsyuk. This has thrust Riley Sheahan into a second line role. The other big favorite on the board tonight is Tampa Bay at (-200), via Covers Experts. They are starting Andrei Vasilekvskiy, who is very much under-priced.
-$13,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $3 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 995 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts tonight at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $7500||Tatar (DET) – $4600||Kronwall (DET) – $3900||Vasilevskiy (TBL) – $6900|
|Sheahan (DET) – $3600||Kucherov (TBL) – $4500||Stralman (TBL) – $3600||Howard (DET) – $7600|
|Johnson (TBL) – $5100||Perry (ANA) – $8500||Boychuk (NYI) – $5000||Rinne (NSH) – $8700|
|Lehtera (STL) – $3300||Perron (PIT) – $4400||Wisniewski (ANA) – $4300|
|Sedin (VAN) – $4300||Okposo (NYI) – $5700|
|Lee (NYI) – $4400||Burrows (VAN) – $3900|
|Dano (CBJ) – $4800||Tarasenko (STL) – $7300|
|Maroon (ANA) – $3500|
- There is enough savings in net tonight that using two elite options on the wing – like Perry and Tarasenko – isn’t prohibitive.
- I like the Johnson line tonight for Tampa Bay over the Stamkos line. With that said, if for some reason DFS owners need to save a lot of cap space, I suppose Jonathan Drouin would be okay to use.
- I’m not a big fan of Pittsburgh tonight, but given they they’ve stacked their top line again, there could be value in David Perron tonight.
- I will have a hard time not using one of Vasilevskiy or Howard tonight given their matchups and prices.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Sheahan (DET) – $3600||Tatar (DET) – $4600||Kronwall (DET) – $3900||Vasilevskiy (DET) – $6900|
|Johnson (TBL) – $5100||Abdelkader (DET) – $4400||Stralman (TBL) – $3600||Rinne (NSH) – $8700|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $7500||Kucherov (TBL) – $4500||Wisniewski (ANA) – $4300|
|Nelson (NYI) – $4200||Palat (TBL) – $5900||Boychuk (NYI) – $5000|
|Lee (NYI) – $4400||Perry (ANA) – $8500|
|Strome (NYI) – $4300||Maroon (ANA) – $3500|
- I really like the Nelson-Lee-Strome line for the Islanders tonight. The only problem is their designations. To make it work a bit easier, using just Lee/Strome for forwards is fine.
- I’m avoiding the top lines for both Tampa Bay and Detroit. The opposing top pairing defencemen are proficient enough that avoiding those matchups is ideal. I don’t mind using Abdelkader with Sheahan-Tatar though, if only because they play the power play together.
- For an expensive stack tonight, I’m not looking further than Anaheim. With the cheap stacks elsewhere, they’re not prohibitive either.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Steve Downie (PIT-W, $2800) – Given all the good values on the wing tonight, it’s not necessary to save here. All the same, Downie seems a safe bet to rack up the penalty minutes against a rough St. Louis team.
Marc Staal (NYR-D, $2800) – Could be forced to block a fair amount of shots tonight.