There are no teams playing tonight that also played last night, so worrying about tired/rested teams is not an issue. As of right now, the only issue with back-to-backs is that Los Angeles plays tomorrow and are the only team that haven’t confirmed a starting goalie yet. They’ve done this a lot over the last couple of months, but it seems to be a good spot to get Jonathan Quick his last day off of the season.
Dallas is obviously a huge favorite at home tonight, and Minnesota is a big favorite on the road. I would look at one of their two starting goalies tonight for my cash games.
-$12,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $3 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 935 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts tonight at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Eakin (DAL) – $3900||Pominville (MIN) – $4900||Klingberg (DAL) – $3900||Dubnyk (MIN) – $8600|
|Granlund (MIN) – $3900||Benn (DAL) – $8100||Spurgeon (MIN) – $4200||Lehtonen (DAL) – $8400|
|Couture (SJS) – $6900||Ryan (OTT) – $5600||Myers (WPG) – $4100|
|Carter (LAK) – $5400||Hudler (CGY) – $5400||Russell (CGY) – $5200|
|Scheifele (WPG) – $5300||Saad (CHI) – $4900|
|Monahan (CGY) – $6200||Stafford (WPG) – $5000|
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $4000||Toffoli (LAK) – $4400|
- Given the prices of the centres with very good matchups tonight, there is no real need to pay up at that position. I’d rather spend a bit more on the blue line, or one of the expensive wing options.
- John Klingberg seems to be running the top power play unit for Dallas, and given their matchup and his price, he’s a near must-play tonight.
- There are two Los Angeles skaters listed, but given the likelihood of a low-scoring game, I wouldn’t use more than one.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Seguin (DAL) – $9100||Benn (DAL) -$8100||Klingberg (DAL) – $3900||Schneider (NJD) – $8800|
|Eakin (DAL) – $3900||Pominville (MIN) – $4900||Spurgeon (MIN) – $4200||Pavelec (WPG) – $7900|
|Granlund (MIN) – $3900||Parise (MIN) – $8700||Karlsson (OTT) – $8500|
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $4000||Ryan (OTT) – $5600||Russell (CGY) – $5200|
|Monahan (CGY) – $6200||Hoffman (OTT) – $4200|
|Hudler (CGY) – $5400|
|Gaudreau (CGY) – $5300|
- Dallas and Minnesota are the obvious stacks tonight. One thing I will say about Dallas is that teams tend to rest some stars more when playing Buffalo (duh). Given Tyler Seguin’s knee problem, there’s real concern about him playing a full game.
- Ottawa reunited the line of Zibanejad-Hoffman-Ryan after Hoffman was demoted to the fourth line for some insane reason. Given their prices, there is a lot of value upside there.
- Finally, Calgary is riding a ridiculous hot streak of shooting right now. They’re a fine pivot for those that want to avoid Ottawa, though there’s always a chance they’ll flame out (that was totally on purpose).
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Chris Tierney (SJS-C, $2900) – Tierney is still part of a good third line for the Sharks.
Teuvo Teravainen (CHI-W, $2900) – If Chicago gets on the board tonight, I don’t think it’s their top line.
Jyrki Jokipakka (DAL – $2900) – Basically anyone playing for Dallas has a case to be in a DFS lineup tonight.