The only team that played last night that is also playing tonight is the Columbus Blue Jackets. With them going into Vancouver, it’s a great spot for the Canucks. That goes in net as well, where Eddie Lack looks to have the starting goalie duties for the balance of the regular season.
Montreal is the heaviest favorite on the board tonight at (-200), via Covers Experts. Starting goalie Carey price, though, is the most expensive option on the board tonight as well. I don’t have anything specifically against the Canadiens or Price tonight, but given the price disparity with Eddie Lack, I’m not sure it’s necessary to use Price tonight.
-$12,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $3 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 935 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts tonight at 7:30 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
Remember: players are in order of value, not necessarily in cost. Just because Sidney Crosby is $8000 one day doesn’t mean he’s a better value than Andrew Shaw at $4000.
|Sedin (VAN) – $3700||Gallagher (MTL) – $4800||Edler (VAN) – $4500||Lack (VAN) – $7800|
|Stastny (STL) – $4700||Voracek (PHI) – $6000||Vlasic (SJS) – $3500||Price (MTL) – $9500|
|Pavelski (SJS) – $8400||Burrows (VAN) – $3800||Streit (PHI) – $4300||Dubnyk (MIN) – $8500|
|Thornton (SJS) – $5200||Oshie (STL) – $5400||Markov (MTL) – $5100|
|Giroux (PHI) – $7200||Nyquist (DET) – $5200|
|Plekanec (MTL) – $5400||Landeskog (COL) – $6500|
|Sheahan (DET) – $3900||Pacioretty (MTL) – $8600|
|Wingels (SJS) – $4200|
- Henrik Sedin’s price and matchup makes him a near must-play in cash games tonight.
- Tomas Plekanec is the new top line centre in Montreal, and carries a very reasonable price tag.
- I hate relying on teams on the road, but both the Sharks and Flyers have matchups that are about as good as it gets.
- I’m struggling to figure out where the goals will come from by St. Louis, but Stastny’s line should get good in-game matchups, and he plays the power play with Oshie’s line.
- I don’t really like Logan Couture’s new line mates, which is why I don’t have him listed, but at his price, I can’t argue with using him.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Sedin (VAN) – $3700||Burrows (VAN) – $3800||Edler (VAN) – $4500||Lack (VAN) – $7800|
|Pavelski (SJS) – $8400||Sedin (VAN) – $5800||Vlasic (SJS) – $3500||Niemi (SJS) – $7900|
|Thornton (SJS) – $5200||Voracek (PHI) – $6000||Markov (MTL) – $5100||Lehtonen (DAL) – $7200|
|Karlsson (SJS) – $4300||Raffl (PHI) – $3400||Pietrangelo (STL) – $5500|
|Giroux (PHI) – $7200||Pacioretty (MTL) – $8600|
|Plekanec (MTL) – $5400||Gallagher (MTL) – $4800|
|Stastny (STL) – $4700||Jaskin (STL) – $3100|
|Berglund (STL) – $2900|
- Vancouver is obvious tonight.
- I like both road matchups for the Flyers and Sharks tonight. The problem with the Sharks is their positions; their entire first line is listed at the centre position. While I like that matchup, it can create problems with the rest of the roster composition.
- Montreal is at home tonight to Carolina, and the Hurricanes are typically much worse on the road. I like Montreal’s top line in that one for people that want to avoid stacking teams on the road.
- I like the potential in-game matchups for the Stastny line at even strength. They can be stacked for cheap, allowing a lot of flexibility with the rest of the roster.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Patrik Berglund (STL-C, $2900) – Good matchups tonight playing on the Stastny line.
P.A. Parenteau (MTL-W, $3300) – Looks to be locked on the second line for Montreal (for now, anyway).
Carl Gunnarsson (STL-D, $2900) – Playing with Alex Pietrangelo should mean a fair amount of ice time.