The three biggest favorites on the board tonight are the Rangers, Vancouver, and Tampa Bay in order from most to least. Given that New York and Tampa Bay are starting backup goalies who are very cheap, it’ll be hard not to roster one of them. There’s too much value to pass up.
Calgary, Minnesota, the NY Islanders, and Toronto all played last night. Respectively, they are facing Colorado, St. Louis, Montreal, and Vancouver. Only one of those teams (Vancouver) is in a really good spot tonight, so I would hesitate against just blindly stacking against back-to-back teams.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Johnson (TBL) – $5500||Kucherov (TBL) – $4800||Stralman (TBL) – $3400||Vasilevskiy (TBL) – $7100|
|Stepan (NYR) – $4300||Sedin (VAN) – $5600||Yandle (NYR) – $4700||Skapski (NYR) – $6400|
|Sedin (VAN) – $4000||Nash (NYR) – $8400||Faulk (CAR) – $5600||Lack (VAN) – $6800|
|Staal (CAR) – $6200||Cammalleri (NJD) – $4700||Weber (VAN) – $3000|
|Stastny (STL) – $4800||Toffoli (LAK) – $4800|
|Zajac (NJD) – $3000||Jaskin (STL) – $3200|
|Duchene (COL) – $6100||Kreider (NYR) – $4200|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8500||Iginla (COL) – $5800|
- The first note is that Yannick Weber is expected to return on the blue line for Vancouver tonight, but there’s no real telling what his role will be. He’s cheap enough where it won’t hurt too much if he doesn’t get back on the power play.
- The Rangers should have enough goals to split players between the top two even strength and power play lines.
- Tampa Bay is an obvious target tonight given the injuries the Jets have suffered.
- I have no problem spending up for more on the blue line than most nights, considering how cheap the goalies are and lack of useful expensive options at centre.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Johnson (TBL) – $5500||Kucherov (TBL) – $4800||Stralman (TBL) – $3400||Skapski (NYR) – $6400|
|Namestnikov (TBL) – $2800||Kreider (NYR) – $4300||Yandle (NYR) – $4700||Vasilevskiy (TBL) – $7100|
|Stepan (NYR) – $4300||St. Louis (NYR) – $4300||Faulk (CAR) – $5600||Schneider (NJD) – $8300|
|Nash (CAR) – $2900||Skinner (CAR) – $5400||Severson (NJD) – $3000|
|Zajac (NJD) – $3000||Semin (CAR) – $4200|
|Sedin (VAN) – $4000||Cammalleri (NJD) – $4700|
|Sedin (VAN) – $5600|
|Vrbata (VAN) – $6500|
- Tampa Bay, the Rangers, and Vancouver are the obvious stacks tonight. Vlad Namestnikov has joined the second line for the Lightning; I am leaning the Stepan line tonight for the Rangers, but given the soft prices tonight (especially in net), I have no problem going to the Brassard-Zuccarello-Nash line to spend a bit more on the cap; Vancouver still has Zack Kassian on the top line at even strength but it’s Radim Vrbata and Linden Vey on the top power play unit.
- Carolina is in a good spot tonight, but I would expect the Staal-Staal-Lindholm line to get the Ekblad-Campbell defensive pairing a lot, and they should be highly-owned (relatively speaking). That’s why I’m leaning Nash-Skinner-Semin. Regardless of the line used, Faulk is the blue liner to roster.
- Finally, given Arizona’s situation, I have no problem using a mini-stack of Zajac-Cammalleri tonight. Also, with reaching the cap possibly a problem for some, I have no problem moving to Cory Schneider in net for the Devils.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Vlad Namestnikov (TBL-C, $2800) – On Tampa Bay’s second line in place of Ondrej Palat.
Nick Holden (COL-C, $2800) – Getting secondary power play minutes, and is in a good even strength matchup tonight.