The only team that played last night that is also playing tonight is the New York Islanders. They are home to the Rangers, and are coming off a game that they were fortunate to win against the Leafs.
The heaviest favorite tonight, from Covers Experts, is Minnesota at (-235). I have no problem looking there for a goaltender tonight. After the Wild, other favorites include the Blues and the Kings. After Dubnyk, it’s a little bit of a mess in net. I would play it safe tonight for a goalie, but that’s just my opinion on this slate.
-$16,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,500
– $3 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,225 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts tonight at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
Remember: players are in order of value, not necessarily in cost. Just because Sidney Crosby is $8000 one day doesn’t mean he’s a better value than Andrew Shaw at $4000.
|Stepan (NYR) – $4300||Atkinson (CBJ) – $4300||Sekera (LAK) – $3300||Dubnyk (MIN) – $9000|
|Giroux (PHI) – $7300||Parise (MIN) – $8000||Suter (MIN) – $4200||Quick (LAK) – $8700|
|Granlund (MIN) – $4200||St. Louis (NYR) – $4500||Pietrangelo (STL) – $5200||Elliott (STL) – $8000|
|Johansen (CBJ) – $6100||Voracek (PHI) – $5500||Klingberg* (DAL) – $3900|
|Seguin (DAL) – $8800||Gaborik (LAK) – 5100||Murphy (CAR) – $3500|
|Stastny (STL) – $5500||Benn (DAL) – $7600|
|Kopitar (LAK) – $5400||Jaskin (STL) – $3600|
|Staal (CAR) – $6600||Ryan (OTT) – $5700|
- The first note is that John Klingberg appears to be a game-time decision for the Stars. If he’s in, I’m fine using him. If not, I would assume it’s Alex Goligoski that gets the biggest bump up.
- I’m assuming the Boychuk/Leddy pairing from the Islanders goes up against the Nash line, freeing up Stepan and company.
- Cam Atkinson is back with Ryan Johansen on Columbus’ top line. Also, Voracek/Giroux look to be reunited.
- There’s not a real need to spend a lot on the blue line tonight.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Granlund (MIN) – $4200||Parise (MIN) – $8000||Suter (MIN) – $4200||Bobrovsky (CBJ) – $7600|
|Giroux (PHI) – $7300||Pominville (MIN) – $8000||Klingberg (DAL) – $3900||Bishop (TBL) – $8300|
|Schenn (PHI) – $3600||Voracek (PHI) – $5500||Johnson (CBJ) – $4300|
|Seguin (DAL) – $8800||Benn (DAL) – $7600||Sekera (LAK) – $3300|
|Eakin (DAL) – $4500||Atkinson (CBJ) – $4300|
|Johansen (CBJ) – $6100||Gaborik (LAK) – $5100|
|Kopitar (LAK) – $5400||King (LAK) – $2500|
- I think Dallas/Philadelphia is the highest scoring game of the night, hopefully making both sides stackable.
- Going against Cory Schneider is always a bit scary, but Minnesota (and particularly their top line) are otherwise in a good spot tonight.
- With Atkinson playing on Johansen’s line, I do like that duo as a mini-stack.
- I don’t mind the Kopitar line especially with Calvin Pickard in net, though them having split up their power play units is a bit annoying.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Curtis Lazar (OTT-C, $2800) – If Ottawa does damage against the Bruins, I would think it’s the lines that don’t face Bergeron’s line tonight. Also, there are no good bargain centers tonight.
Dwight King (LAK-W, $2500) – Playing even strength on the Kopitar line.
Nick Holden (COL-D, $2900) – Still playing the power play for Colorado.