The only team that played last night playing again tonight is Montreal, who goes into Los Angeles. Regardless of who starts in net, it’s two nights in a row for Carey Price or Dustin Tokarski. That’s not a bad spot for the Kings.
Tampa Bay and Boston are the two heavy favorites tonight, from Covers Experts. It would seem to be Ben Bishop and Tuukka Rask in net tonight, and they’re both fairly expensive. There are a couple good, cheaper options as well, so it’s about how DFSers want to build their team tonight.
-$13,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,495 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts tonight at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Sedin (VAN) – $5000||Callahan (TBL) – $5500||Hamilton (BOS) – $4300||Lack (VAN) – $7000|
|Carter (LAK) – $6400||Pastrnak (BOS) – $4000||Franson (NSH) – $3500||Rask (BOS) – $9000|
|Stastny (STL) – $5100||Benn (DAL) – $7600||Pietrangelo (STL) – $5500||Bishop (TBL) – $8700|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $5300||Killorn (TBL) – $3700||Weber (VAN) – $3500|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $9000||Kassian (VAN) – $3500||Klingberg (DAL) – $4000|
|Spooner (BOS) – $3000||Forsberg (NSH) – $5000|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $3600||Toffoli (LAK) – $4600|
- There aren’t many expensive players that are necessary to play tonight, so spending a bit extra on the blue line is fine.
- With Dan Ellis in net for Florida, it looks to be a really good spot for Dallas tonight. With Spezza’s price rise of late, though, I’d rather use Jamie Benn.
- No problem with using two or three Vancouver players tonight, including Lack in net. There shouldn’t be much to worry about with Arizona.
- Zack Kassian was out of the last game for Vancouver with the flu, but is expected to return tonight to the top line.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Bergeron (BOS) – $8200||Smith (BOS) – $4600||Hamilton (BOS) – $4300||Lack (VAN) – $7000|
|Johnson (TBL) – $6800||Palat (TBL) – $5400||Stralman (TBL) – $4000||Holtby (WSH) – $8500|
|Stastny (STL) – $5100||Kucherov (TBL) – $4700||Pietrangelo (STL) – $5500||Lehtonen (DAL) – $7400|
|Sedin (VAN) – $5000||Jaskin (STL) – $4000||Weber (VAN) – $3500|
|Carter (LAK) – $6400||Sedin (VAN) – $6700|
|Kassian (VAN) – $3500|
|Toffoli (LAK) – $4600|
|King (LAK) – $2700|
- Boston should be able to take advantage of a Calgary team without Mark Giordano. The price on Patrice Bergeron is high, but Reilly Smith’s can help balance that out.
- Hopefully Tampa Bay’s Johnson line can be matched against the Bozak line tonight. That could give them a pretty good night.
- I don’t mind pairing Stastny/Jaskin together tonight. They’re seeing more ice time of late and get second unit power play time as well.
- Vancouver is the obvious play, and fairly cheap because of Zack Kassian.
- Los Angeles gets a Montreal team on a back to back. I would think that the Carter line avoids the P.K. Subban matchup for the most part.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Cedric Paquette (TBL-C, $2900) – Part of a very good third line with Tampa Bay.
Daniel Paille (BOS-W, $2700) – Third line minutes in a good matchup.
Andrej Sustr (TBL-D, $2500) – Regularly playing over 19 minutes a game over the last few weeks and again, he’s in a good matchup tonight.