Two teams played last night that are also playing tonight, and they’re both on the road: Chicago and Los Angeles. Chicago is going into Tampa Bay after having shut out Florida last night, while Los Angeles goes into Anaheim after being shut out last night against Ottawa. Expect Scott Darling and Martin Jones to get the start for their teams, respectively.
There is only one big favorite on the board tonight and it’s the New York Islanders hosting Calgary. A big part of the reason is that Calgary will be without defenceman Mark Giordano, and that’s a massive loss for the Flames. In that sense, I like Jaroslav Halak the best to for a win tonight. Other favorites include Boston and Washington, and don’t mind Braden Holtby in net, either.
-$7,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $500
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 800 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Friday, February 27 at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Lee (NYI) – $5000||Bailey (NYI) – $4300||Boychuk (NYI) – $5300||Halak (NYI) – $8300|
|Duchene (COL) – $6100||Palmieri (ANA) – $4600||Stralman (TBL) – $3600||Holtby (WSH) – $8800|
|Johnson (TBL) – $6300||Kucherov (TBL) – $4700||Barrie (COL) – $5300||Bishop (TBL) – $8500|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $7100||Perry (ANA) – $6400||Hamilton (BOS) – $4900|
|Eakin (DAL) – $3900||Iginla (COL) – $5200|
|Johansson (WSH) – $3500||Benn (DAL) – $8900|
|Tavares (NYI) – $8900||Smith (BOS) – $4500|
|Ovechkin (WSH) – $9300|
- Naturally, Islanders players are among the top targets. With relatively soft pricing, Tavares can be used at center, though it limits the rest of the roster choices if he’s used with Anders Lee.
- The reason for Duchene/Iginla here is that MacKinnon/Landeskog are greatly over-priced.
- Marcus Johansson is expected to play with Backstrom/Ovechkin at even strength.
- I don’t particularly love Perry’s spot tonight, but his price is incredibly reasonable.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Lee (NYI) – $5000||Bailey (NYI) – $4300||Boychuk (NYI) – $5300||Svedberg (BOS) – $6800|
|Tavares (NYI) – $8900||Kucherov (TBL) – $4700||Stralman (TBL) – $3600||Varlamov (COL) – $8000|
|Johnson (TBL) – $6300||Palat (TBL) – $6800||Barrie (COL) – $5300|
|Duchene (COL) – $6100||Iginla (COL) – $5200||Fowler (ANA) – $3600|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $8000||Perry (ANA) – $6400|
|Palmieri (ANA) – $4600|
- I don’t particularly love the Anaheim stack tonight, just hoping they can take advantage of a hopefully tired Los Angeles team. For those that might want to pivot off of them to a similarly-priced stack, Washington is fine.
- The Islanders are the obvious choice here tonight.
- I’m hoping the Johnson line can avoid the Toews line for the most part tonight, and with Chicago on a back to back, I don’t mind taking a shot with them.
- Finally, Duchene/Iginla are okay for a mini-stack. The biggest reason for them over the MacKinnon/Landeskog duo is the price – that duo is grossly over-priced tonight.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Stefan Elliott (COL-D, $2500) – Third in the pecking order for power play time on the Colorado blue line (subject to change, obviously).