The only team that played last night that is also on the slate tonight is the Ottawa Senators, and they go into Los Angeles tonight. The Senators have had very stellar goaltending of late, but I don’t anticipate that continuing tonight.
There are a lot of big favorites on the board tonight with the Rangers, Kings, and Canucks all at (-215) or better. Considering the prices of the starting goalies from these teams, and the apparent good matchups they present, I would probably look to one of those three teams for my cash game goalies. Also note that for the Rangers, Rick Nash was at the gameday skate this morning.
-$13,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,495 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Thursday, February 26 at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Desharnais (MTL) – $3900||Kreider (NYR) – $4300||Boyle (NYR) – $3900||Talbot (NYR) – $8400|
|Brassard (NYR) – $5100||Kassian (VAN) – $3600||Markov (MTL) – $5100||Lack (VAN) – $7400|
|Sedin (VAN) – $5900||Zuccarello (NYR) – $4600||Kindl (DET) – $3100||Price (MTL) – $9500|
|Carter (LAK) – $6100||Toffoli (LAK) – $4900||Rielly (TOR) – $4300|
|Bozak (TOR) – $4300||Pacioretty (MTL) – $9000|
|Lehtera (STL) – $3600||Kessel (TOR) – $6500|
|Stepan (NYR) – $6800||Sharp (CHI) – $5300|
|Smith (NSH) – $5900||Tarasenko (STL) – $7600|
|Giroux (PHI) – $7700||Nyquist (DET) – $5200|
- I have no problem mixing and matching the Rangers’ top two forward lines tonight. It gives exposure to both lines, both power play units, and there should be enough goals to support it.
- Toffoli’s price has dropped quite a bit recently, giving him real good value in his situation tonight.
- Zack Kassian has taken over the top line right wing spot with Henrik and Daniel Sedin.
- With so many good values up front tonight, spending up in net for price tonight isn’t a bad idea.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Brassard (NYR) – $5100||Zuccarello (NYR) – $4600||Boyle (NYR) – $3900||Bernier (TOR) – $7000|
|Sedin (VAN) – $5400||Nash (NYR) – $8300||Weber (VAN) – $3000||Howard (DET) – $7500|
|Carter (LAK) – $6100||Sedin (VAN) – $6200||Muzzin (LAK) – $4600||Neuvirth (BUF) – $8000|
|Desharnais (MTL) – $3900||Kassian (VAN) – $3600||Markov (MTL) – $5100|
|Lehtera (STL) – $3600||Toffoli (LAK) – $4900||Pietrangelo (STL) – $5500|
|Pacioretty (MTL) – $9000|
|Gallagher (MTL) – $5700|
|Tarasenko (STL) – $7600|
|Schwartz (STL) – $5300|
- The Rangers and Canucks are the obvious plays tonight with games against the Coyotes and Sabres.
- If I’m stacking from Los Angeles, it’s a mini-stack of Carter/Toffoli, particularly because of Toffoli’s price drop of late.
- The last time Montreal was in Columbus, they generated seven power plays and 31 shots on goal. If I’m stacking from them, it’s their top line in all likelihood. I would avoid Subban’s high price though and go to Markov instead on the blue line.
- The STL (Schwartz-Tarasenko-Lehtera) has been reunited for the Blues and hopefully they can avoid Dustin Byfuglien and the Little line for the most part.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Yannick Weber (VAN-D, $3000) – Expected to run the top power play unit for the Canucks.