- An Argument for Montréal Keeping Alex Galchenyuk - Apr 27, 2017
- Coming to Terms with the Passing of Jose Fernandez - Sep 26, 2016
- NHL: Seth Jones Traded for Ryan Johansen; Jordan Weal’s Depth Problem - Jan 12, 2016
The only teams that played last night that are also playing tonight are Arizona and Detroit. The Coyotes go to Long Island to face the Islanders – which makes New York a good target – while Detroit goes into Los Angeles. The Red Wings are likely going to be without Henrik Zetterberg again, and are starting Jonas Gustavsson in net.
There are a lot of heavy favorites on the board tonight. Both the Wild and Islanders are (-300, via Covers Experts), while Columbus (-270) and Nashville (-200) are big favorites as well. There are a lot of cheap goalies starting tonight in good matchups which means spending a bit more on the blue line isn’t necessarily a bad idea.
-$15,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,735 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Tuesday, February 24 at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
– First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Lee (NYI) – $4700||Frolik (WPG) – $4400||Leddy (NYI) – $4100||Johnson (NYI) – $6700|
|Johansen (CBJ) – $5500||Bailey (NYI) – $4100||Suter (MIN) – $4200||Dubynk (MIN) – $8400|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4300||Neal (NSH) – $5600||Franson (NSH) – $4200||Rinne (NSH) – $9200|
|Toews (CHI) – $5500||Parise (MIN) – $8200||Wisniewski (CBJ) – $4900|
|Granlund (MIN) – $4500||Toffoli (LAK) – $6300||Dumba (MIN) – $3200|
|Little (WPG) – $5700||Hartnell (CBJ) – $5200|
|Tavares (NYI) – $9000||Kane (CHI) – $7100|
|Carter (LAK) – $7700||Kreider (NYR) – $4600|
|Lindholm (CAR) – $3500||Schwartz (STL) – $5200|
- It’s tough to say any player is a “must play” but Anders Lee at $4700 in this matchup tonight is as close to it as it gets.
- With an injury to Blake Wheeler, Frolik is now on the top line for Winnipeg.
- There are enough values overall at center tonight that there is not much need to spend over $6000 down the middle tonight. I would look to spend a bit more on the wing.
- While Johnson is the only cheap goalie listed, there are other price levels given for a bit of change. Scott Darling and Anton Forsberg are both cheap goalies in good matchups as well.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Lee (NYI) – $4700||Hartnell (CBJ) – $5200||Leddy (NYI) – $4100||Darling (CHI) – $7000|
|Tavares (NYI) – $9000||Neal (NSH) – $5600||Weber (NSH) – $6400||Forsberg (CBJ) – $6200|
|Nielsen (NYI) – $5200||Forsberg (NSH) – $5200||Keith (CHI) – $5200||Talbot (NYR) – $7700|
|Johansen (CBJ) – $5500||Hossa (CHI) – $5500||Suter (MIN) – $4200|
|Wennberg (CBJ) – $3100||Saad (CHI) – $4700|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4300||Parise (MIN) – $8200|
|Toews (CHI) – $5500|
|Granlund (MIN) – $4500|
- Columbus and the New York Islanders are obvious. Not much needs to be said there.
- Nashville has loaded the top line with Ribeiro/Forsberg/Neal and with their relative prices, they’re not a bad option outside of the obvious plays.
- Chicago’s top line has seen its total cost drop by several thousands in a few days so it seems they present good value tonight at home to the Florida Panthers.
- Finally, I like the mini stack of Parise/Granlund tonight. They should get good in-game matchups against the Oilers.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
J.T. Miller (NYR-C, $2800) – Centering a good third line that should avoid the Giordano/Brodie pairing for the most part. Gets power play time, too, but Calgary has a pretty good penalty kill, so that’s not where he’s deriving his value.
Carl Klingberg (WPG-W, $2500) – I didn’t see any good bargain priced winger plays tonight, so this one is a complete shot in the dark.
Mattias Ekholm (NSH-D, $2500) – In a good matchup, even if he’s been pushed down the depth chart.
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 7 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- How legal betting states will contribute to revenue growth across major US sports
- The XN Sports family would like to express our deep sorrow in the sudden passing of Kwame Beard
- Week 6 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 5 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread