There are a lot of teams that played last night that are also playing tonight. Those teams include: Anaheim, Carolina, Edmonton, New Jersey, St. Louis, and Toronto. The fact that there are so many lesser teams that are playing back to back nights means there are a lot of good road matchups for teams tonight. Generally, teams score fewer goals and win fewer games when on the road, so it’s an interesting DFS night to say the least.
The big favorites tonight – according to Covers Experts – are the Montreal Canadiens at (-200). Besides them, other heavy favorites are Anaheim and Tampa Bay. With Anaheim perhaps going back to John Gibson for the second night in a row, or Ilya Bryzgalov, I would avoid turning to their goaltending situation tonight.
-$14,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,500
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,600 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Saturday, February 21 at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
– First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Desharnais (MTL) – $3600||Ladd (WPG) – $5400||Fowler (ANA) – $3400||Hutchinson (WPG) – $7100|
|Little (WPG) – $5700||Nyquist (DET) – $4800||Hedman (TBL) – $5100||Price (MTL) – $9600|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $6000||Wheeler (WPG) – $5900||Kronwall (DET) – $4400||Bishop (TBL) – $7400|
|Malkin (PIT) – $7300||Pacioretty (MTL) – $8500||Byfuglien (WPG) – $6100|
|Johnson (TBL) – $5700||Callahan (TBL) – $5000|
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $4200||Perry (ANA) – $7100|
|Bjugstad (FLA) – $5200||Perron (PIT) – $4400|
|Toffoli (LAK) – $6300|
- The first note is that the defencemen were ranked before the news that Byfuglien would be playing forward tonight. He’ll still play the blue line on the power play, so he’s not a bad option. For those looking to save money, though, Jacob Trouba should see more five-on-five minutes.
- Evgeni Malkin’s price has dropped quite a bit over the last month, and he should be able to avoid the Bouwmeester/Pietrangelo pairing for the most part.
- I’d have no problem taking a couple Canadiens or a couple Jets players in a cash game together tonight. Both are pretty good matchups.
- Relying on goalies on the road is a bit scary, but Hutchinson’s matchup is great. For those that might want to shy away from that, there’s no problem paying up for Carey Price tonight.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Little (WPG) – $5700||Ladd (WPG) – $5400||Trouba (WPG) – $4200||Luongo (FLA) – $8100|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8500||Wheeler (WPG) – $5900||Garrison (TBL) – $4300||Kinkaid (NJD) – $6400|
|Zetterberg (DET) – $5400||Killorn (TBL) – $4000||Kronwall (DET) – $4400|
|Desharnais (MTL) – $3600||Nyquist (DET) – $4800||Markov (MTL) – $5000|
|Abdelkader (DET) – $3400|
|Pacioretty (MTL) – $8500|
|Gallagher (MTL) – $5300|
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Ben Chiarot (WPG-D, $2600) – With Byfuglien back up front, I expect more minutes from Chiarot in a very good matchup.