There is no team that played last night that is also playing tonight, so goalies on back to backs is not a concern for tonight. The highest favorite on the board tonight is Boston, but as usual, relying on teams on the road is always precarious, whether it’s Edmonton or not. The next favorite (according to Covers Experts) would be Chicago, and that’s not a bad direction for a cash game goalie, as much as relying on Corey Crawford is a headache.
There are a lot of rough goalie matchups. Along with Malcolm Subban potentially in net for Boston, John Gibson is in net for Anaheim, Montreal is starting Dustin Tokarski, Ottawa is on their third string, and Minnesota may give a night off to Devan Dubnyk.
-$20,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $2,000
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 2,300 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Wednesday, February 18 at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
– First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $4200||Gallagher (MTL) – $4900||Markov (MTL) – $5300||Crawford (CHI) – $9000|
|Galchenyuk (MTL) – $4500||Hoffman (OTT) – $4500||Fowler (ANA) – $3500||Hiller (CGY) – $7900|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $6500||Perry (ANA) – $8600||Seabrook (CHI) – $4900||Gibson (ANA) – $7200|
|Richards (CHI) – $4400||Smith (BOS) – $3700||Chara (BOS) – $4200|
|Krejci (BOS) – $4400||Hudler (CGY) – $4900|
|Carter (LAK) – $8200||Callahan (TBL) – $5600|
|Toffoli (LAK) – $7200|
- The first thing to note is that the Los Angeles players are listed because I expect the Kings to get a few goals tonight, and they help fill out the salary cap. If cap space needs to be crunched, switching to Kopitar is fine.
- Montreal and Ottawa should be the highest scoring game of the night. Taking four or five players out of that matchup isn’t a bad idea.
- The price on Ryan Getzlaf has dropped to the point where it’s probably a bad idea not to use him tonight.
- With Sami Vatanen out for Anaheim, expect Cam Fowler to get a bump in minutes.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $6500||Perry (ANA) – $8600||Fowler (ANA) – $3500||Varlamov (COL) – $8100|
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $4200||Smith-Pelly (ANA) – $2900||Karlsson (OTT) – $7600||Hiller (CGY) – $7900|
|Plekanec (MTL) – $6800||Ryan (OTT) – $5700||Markov (MTL) – $5300|
|Galchenyuk (MTL) – $4500||Hoffman (OTT) – $4500||Seabrook (CHI) – $4900|
|Richards (CHI) – $4400||Gallagher (MTL) – $4900|
|Kane (CHI) – $8500|
|Versteeg (CHI) – $4000|
- With the price drop on Getzlaf, and the cheap price on Smith-Pelly, I do like the top line from Anaheim tonight.
- Expect the Montreal/Ottawa game to feature a lot of goals tonight, so there’s not much problem having a GPP with a stack from both teams.
- There are a lot of bad matchups, so I will lean the Richards line from Chicago. I do think Chicago puts a few on the board tonight, and with the prices of Toews/Hossa, it’s the Richards line or nothing.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Cedric Paquette (TBL-C, $2800) – If Tampa gets on the board tonight, I would wager it’s not the Stamkos line at even strength.
Nathan Beaulieu (MTL-D, $2500) – Just another player to add from a high-scoring game.