The New York Mets’ Single-A affiliate Brooklyn Cyclones will hold a Saved by the Bell night on June 24, and have some questionable wardrobe choices in store.
According to their website, here’s what the Cyclones have in store for this very special occasion:
When you wake up in the morning and the alarm gives out a warning, there are some days that just turn out better than others. That will be the case on Wednesday, June 24th when the Cyclones kickoff their season-long Way Back Wednesday series with a celebration of “Saved by the Bell.” The entire evening will focus on Bayside High’s favorite Tigers: Zack, Kelly, Slater, Jessie, Screech and Lisa when Brooklyn takes on the Tri-City ValleyCats at 7:00 PM. (We have to have the night when we play Valley don’t we?)
Here’s a look at some of the fun that’s in store:
- Pre-game “Sprain” Dancing Competition
- A.C. Slater’s Sitting Backwards Musical Chairs
- I’m So Excited Fan Cam
- Mr. Tuttle’s Learner’s Permit On-Field Obstacle Course
- Screech Powers Chess Tournament on the Concourse Level
- Kiss Cam complete with the usual “WOOOOOOOOOOOW” sounds since our game will also be taped in front of a live studio audience
- Anyone named Johnny Dakota is banned from the ballpark because we “Say Nope to Dope”
- Oldest Cell Phone in the Ballpark Competition
- Friendship bracelet station on the concourse…singing “Friends Forever” will be optional.
- Zack Morris TIMEOUT Race Around the Bases – kids will race around the bases, but most stop in their tracks every time they hear TIMEOUT.
- After the game, fans with perms or wearing stonewashed jeans will be allowed to run the bases.
Earlier this week, some of the Saved by the Bell cast reunited on Jimmy Fallon: