The only team that played last night that is also playing tonight is Toronto, and they’re starting Jonathan Bernier for the second night in a row. Against about 26 other teams, I’d scream “PICK AGAINST THE LEAFS” to anyone that would listen. With Arizona in town, though, not so much.
There aren’t many big favorites on the board. In fact, from Covers Experts, the Oilers are the biggest favorites at home to Buffalo (-182). After that, it’s St. Louis (-170) and Tampa Bay (-150). No other team is over (-150). That means a lot of expected close contests tonight, which can be very bad for looking for a goaltender.
-$10,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,150 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Thursday, January 29th at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
– First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $4000||van Riemsdyk (TOR) – $5800||Gardiner (TOR) – $3500||Luongo (FLA) – $7500|
|Bjugstad (FLA) – $5300||Pominville (MIN) – $6000||Chara (BOS) – $4000||Scrivens (EDM) – $6600|
|Bozak (TOR) – $3900||Benn (DAL) – $7200||Ekblad (FLA) – $4400||Bishop (TBL) – $8200|
|Stastny (STL) – $4400||Marleau (SJS) – $6300||Byfuglien (WPG) – $6000|
|Perreault (WPG) – $5100||Frolik (WPG) – $4700|
|Nugent-Hopkins (EDM) – $5500||Neal (NSH) – $6400|
|Seguin (DAL) – $9000||Pastrnak (BOS) – $4100|
- I would expect Dallas/Ottawa to be high-scoring. Seguin is expensive, but there are enough values elsewhere were using him isn’t prohibitive.
- I don’t particularly love Boston’s matchup tonight, except on the power play, hence Pastrnak/Chara.
- Prices at center – Bozak, Zibanejad, Stastny – means there’s a lot of salary left over for expensive wingers and defencemen.
- Edmonton will probably be without Taylor Hall tonight, and that makes me a bit nervous about using Edmonton. That said, if he doesn’t play, Benoit Pouliot isn’t a bad cheap option at the wing.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Bjugstad (FLA) – $5300||Hayes (FLA) – $2900||Ekblad (FLA) – $4400||Elliott (STL) – $8100|
|Pirri (FLA) – $3700||Schwartz (STL) – $5500||Chara (BOS) – $4000||Scrivens (EDM) – $6600|
|Stastny (STL) – $4400||Jaskin (STL) – $2500||Gardiner (TOR) – $3500|
|Krejci (BOS) – $4700||Pastrnak (BOS) – $4100||Ceci (OTT) – $3300|
|Bozak (TOR) – $3900||van Riemsdyk (TOR) – $5800|
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $4000||Ryan (OTT) – $5900|
|Hoffman (OTT) – $4200|
- The Florida Panthers have a great matchup tonight, and the new line combinations make them pretty cheap to roster.
- Louis doesn’t have a great matchup with Nashville, but I think St. Louis’s third line can do damage against the depth of Nashville, and goalie Carter Hutton.
- I would assume Ottawa/Dallas is either the highest-scoring game of the night, or pretty close. For a high-end stack, I don’t mind the Benn/Seguin combination, but I’ll be looking to Ottawa’s second line to get away from the top line for Dallas.
- Goaltending is a mess tonight for GPPs. I like the two goalies mentioned, but Jonas Hiller at home to Minnesota isn’t a bad third option either.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
James Sheppard (SJS-C, $2500) – Not a big fan of punting center tonight with all the good values, but Sheppard is part of an effective third line for San Jose.