The NHL All-Star break is over, and it’s been a massacre of injuries so far. Names like Crosby, Malkin, Bobrovsky, Erik Johnson, Letang, and Hudler are all injured to varying degrees. It gives some opportunities to other players, but it also makes a mess for DFS analysis.
This is tonight’s slate in a nutshell: The three biggest favorites on the board from Covers Experts are the Calgary Flames, the Nashville Predators (starting Carter Hutton), and Philadelphia Flyers (starting Ray Emery). It’s an ugly, ugly night.
-$15,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $750
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,800 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Tuesday, January 27th at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
– First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Giroux (PHI) – $7600||Voracek (PHI) – $6600||Streit (PHI) – $4700||Hiller (CGY) – $6900|
|Grabovski (NYI) – $3400||Forsberg (NSH) – $5400||Brodie (CGY) – $4800||Dubnyk (MIN) – $7100|
|Granlund (MIN) – $3800||Gallagher (MTL) – $5100||Jones (NSH) – $3900||Andersen (ANA) – $9000|
|Johansen (CBJ) – $6500||Atkinson (CBJ) – $4200||Green (WSH) – $5100|
|Monahan (CGY) – $5300||Brouwer (WSH) – $3800||Martin (PIT) – $3800|
|Johansson (WSH) – $3700||Tlusty (CAR) – $3700|
|Seguin (DAL) – $8200||Gaudreau (CGY) – $4500|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $7700||Vanek (MIN) – $5400|
|Maroon (ANA) – $4200|
- Obviously, Philadelphia is an ideal target tonight, which is why one of their players is at the top of each position.
- With prices on names like Gallagher, Gaudreau, Vanek, and Voracek in good matchups, and relatively cheap, it’s not necessary to spend on the wing on names like Pacioretty and Ovechkin.
- With the reasonably cheap prices across the board, it’s not a bad idea to spend a bit extra on defense than normal on a large slate.
- The goalies are a mess tonight. I’m just hoping for a Calgary win.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Monahan (CGY) – $5300||Gaudreau (CGY) – $4500||Brodie (CGY) – $4800||Luongo (FLA) – $7600|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $6800||Brouwer (WSH) – $3800||Green (WSH) – $5100||Khudobin (CAR) – $7900|
|Johansson (WSH) – $3700||Ovechkin (WSH) – $9500||Streit (PHI) – $4700|
|Giroux (PHI) – $7600||Voracek (PHI) – $66600||Leddy (NYI) – $3900|
|Tavares (NYI) – $8500||Simmonds (PHI) – $4700||Trouba (WPG) – $4500|
|Grabovski (NYI) – $3400||Bailey (NYI) – $4300|
|Little (WPG) – $5400||Ladd (WPG) – $5800|
|Wheeler (WPG) – $5500|
- Calgary and Philadelphia are automatic targets tonight for GPPs, so expect both teams to be highly-owned.
- The Islanders aren’t particularly in a great spot, but with Grabovski replacing Okposo on the top line, it’s fairly cheap to stack.
- I do like Washington’s spot tonight, particularly because Curtis McElhinney is in net, but Ovechkin’s price may be too steep to stomach.
- Without Crosby and Malkin, Winnipeg is in a good spot tonight, and the prices of Ladd/Wheeler have dropped over the last couple of weeks.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Mark Arcobello (PIT-C, $2500) – Expected to center Pittsburgh’s “top line” tonight with Kunitz and Hornqvist (assuming Hornqvist plays). Not a great spot, but never a bad idea to bet against Ondrej Pavelec.
Patrick Eaves (DAL-W, $2800) – Was skating on the top line for Dallas this morning.
Mattias Ekholm (NSH-D, $2900) – Josi and Weber are too expensive at this point and Ekholm has cracked 20 minutes in ice time in seven of his last eight games.