Minnesota (at Detroit), Philadelphia (vs. Pittsburgh), and Vancouver (at Tampa Bay) all played last night, and all have fairly tough matchups tonight. At least the first two teams will be trotting out subpar goalies, so Detroit and Pittsburgh are decent targets for cash games.
Chicago is a huge favorite tonight at home tonight to Arizona, and that makes them targets for tournaments, cash games, and in net for both. The next two biggest favorites (from Covers Experts) are Washington and the New York Rangers, who both have plus matchups at home tonight.
-$10,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,150 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Tuesday, January 20th at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
– First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Johnson (TBL) – $5400||Perron (PIT) – $5800||Keith (CHI) – $4200||Holtby (WSH) – $8600|
|Brassard (NYR) – $4200||Burakovsky (WSH) – $3300||McDonagh (NYR) – $4300||Raanta (CHI) – $8400|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $6200||Kucherov (TBL) – $4500||Stralman (TBL) – $3400|
|Krejci (BOS) – $5000||Kane (CHI) – $8200||Kronwall (DET) – $4000|
|Datsyuk (DET) – $5800||Nyquist (DET) – $5600|
|Toews (CHI) – $5900||Kreider (NYR) – $4800|
|Malkin (PIT) – $8600||Pastrnak (BOS) – $4500|
- David Perron and Tyler Johnson both represent crazy value tonight. About the same goes for Nikita Kucherov and Derick Brassard.
- Spending at center isn’t necessary with all the values. If salaries allow it, Malkin is fine (just like Kane on the wing).
- With all the values across the board, spending a bit extra on defense isn’t a bad idea.
- I like both goalies listed for cash games, but I think Holtby faces more shots.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Malkin (PIT) – $8600||Perron (PIT) – $5800||Ehrhoff (PIT) – $4200||Hutton (NSH) – $6500|
|Brassard (NYR) – $4200||St. Louis (NYR) – $5400||McDonagh (NYR) – $4300||Mrazek (DET) – $7500|
|Toews (CHI) – $5900||Hossa (CHI) – $6300||Keith (CHI) – $4200|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $6200||Ovechkin (WSH) – $9000||Green (WSH) – $4800|
|Johansson (WSH) – $3500||Burakovsky (WSH) – $3300||Chara (BOS) – $4700|
|Krejci (BOS) – $5000||Lucic (BOS) – $4900|
|Pastrnak (BOS) – $4500|
- New York, Chicago, and Washington all have great matchups at home tonight. None of them outside of Alex Ovechkin are prohibitive to salaries, so any of them are targets.
- Going with Perron/Malkin gives heavy exposure to the top power play unit for Pittsburgh, and exposure to both top lines for tonight.
- I do like Hutton in net for Nashville as a cheap play in net for GPPs. For a bit of a safer option, Mrazek is fine.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Cedric Paquette (TBL-C, $2700) – I think the depth from Tampa Bay has a good matchup tonight, and Paquette plays on a very good third line.
Nathan Beaulieu (MTL-D, $2500) – Has cracked 20 minutes in two of his last four games, and 18 minutes in all of them.