There are no teams on a back to back so that can be removed from analysis.
From Covers Experts, the biggest favorite is St. Louis, and rightfully so. That makes Brian Elliott a target in net tonight for cash games. San Jose is another big favorite at home tonight to New Jersey. I’m not as confident in the starting goaltending situation for the Sharks but there is a decent price discrepancy.
There are good values everywhere. Paul Stastny and Tyler Bozak are under $5,000, Jaden Schwartz’s price has dropped considerably over the last few weeks, and Phil Kessel is over $1,000 less than the top priced winger. That means spending a bit more on the blue line isn’t a bad idea.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Pavelski (SJS) – $6700||Marleau (SJS) – $5500||Franson (TOR) – $4200||Elliott (STL) – $8700|
|Bozak (TOR) – $4400||Kessel (TOR) – $7300||Suter (MIN) – $4600||Niemi (SJS) – $7600|
|Stastny (STL) – $4700||Pominville (MIN) – $6100||Pietrangelo (STL) – $5900|
|Kopitar (LAK) – $6500||Schwartz (STL) – $5600||Burns (SJS) – $5600|
|Staal (CAR) – $5600||Hayes (FLA) – $3600|
|Sedin (VAN) – $3900||Skinner (CAR) – $5300|
|Berglund (STL) – $3600||Williams (LAK) – $5100|
- Marleau and Pavelski are not on the same even strength line, but they are on the same power play, and Pavelski’s price drop doesn’t make it prohibitive to use both.
- I like the matchup for the Stastny line tonight, both for cash games and GPPs.
- Patrik Berglund was skating with Jori Lehtera and Vladimir Tarasenko at the morning skate, but the lines are not set in stone as of yet.
- Again, spending a bit extra on the blue line isn’t a bad idea tonight.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Stastny (STL) – $4700||Schwartz (STL) – $5600||Pietrangelo (STL) – $5900||Dubnyk (MIN) – $7300|
|Bozak (TOR) – $4400||Jaskin (STL) – $2500||Rielly (TOR) – $3100||Bobrovsky (CBJ) – $7800|
|Thornton (SJS) – $4900||Kessel (TOR) – $7300||Vlasic (SJS) – $3500||Miller (VAN) – $9200|
|Kopitar (LAK) – $6500||van Riemsdyk (TOR) – $7100||Muzzin (LAK) – $4400|
|Marleau (SJS) – $5500|
|Nieto (SJS) – $2700|
|Gaborik (LAK) – $5700|
|Williams (LAK) – $5100|
- Like I mentioned, I do like the Stastny line tonight. Same goes for the Thornton line from San Jose. Both are similarly-priced, so getting one or the other in the lineup is probably the way to go.
- If I do stack the Blues, I take one of Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk with them.
- Devan Dubnyk will probably be more widely-owned, so going in the other direction with Bobrovsky isn’t a bad idea to be a bit contrarian in GPPs (though inherently more risky).
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Dmitrij Jaskin (STL-W, $2500) – Draws back in tonight to play with Paul Stastny and Jaden Schwartz (though it may not be for certain until warmups).
Matt Tennyson (SJS-D, $2500) – Still getting second unit power play minutes for San Jose.
**UPDATE: New Sharks lines as tweeted by David Pollak of San Jose Mercury News includes Karlsson-Thornton-Pavelski, and Marleau-Couture-Wingels. I still like Pavelski/Marleau for cash game, but that Thornton line is fairly cheap for a GPP.