Montreal, Philadelphia, and Toronto all played last night. There isn’t a particularly strong spot on the other side of those games tonight – Ottawa, Vancouver, San Jose – but I do like San Jose in a GPP. If I’m going to pick anyone from Philadelphia, it would be from their second line, avoiding the Sedin/Giroux matchup of lines.
The biggest favorite on the board is Tampa Bay home tonight to Edmonton. With Tyler Johnson and Victor Hedman still out of the lineup for the Lightning, Steven Stamkos is again with the duo of Palat/Kucherov. Ben Bishop is also a nice price for a cash game goalie. San Jose is the next-biggest favorite (according to Covers Experts).
-$10,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 1,150 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Thursday, January 15th at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
– First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Thornton (SJS) – $5100||Praise (MIN) – $6100||Stralman (TBL) – $3100||Bishop (TBL) – $7400|
|Koivu (MIN) – $4100||Kucherov (TBL) – $5100||Spurgeon (MIN) – $4200||Luongo (FLA) – $8300|
|Bjugstad (FLA) – $4600||Benn (DAL) – $6100||Yandle (ARI) – $5300||Niemi (SJS) – $7700|
|Seguin (DAL) – $8000||Marleau (SJS) – $5000||Vlasic (SJS) – $3900|
|Monahan (CGY) – $4400||Boedker (ARI) – $4700||Hamilton (BOS) – $3800|
|Bergeron (BOS) – $6100||Huberdeau (FLA) – $4900|
|Giroux (PHI) – $8300||Gaudreau (CGY) – $4600|
|Zibanjead (OTT) – $3900||Kane (WPG) – $5300|
- With no Victor Hedman, expect Anton Stralman to pick up some minutes and power play time. Also, the price drop of Nikita Kucherov presents a very good value.
- There was also a price drop for Tyler Seguin of over $1000 over the last couple of weeks. His production has slowed, but again, that’s a very good price.
- Calgary has split up the duo of Gaudreau/Hudler, and now it’s Hudler with Sean Monahan and Gaudreau with Mikael Backlund.
- Evander Kane did not practice this morning for Winnipeg, but there’s no word if it’s just maintenance or if he’s not playing. If he’s out, I don’t mind pivoting to Michael Frolik for Winnipeg.
- I would really try to use one of Luongo or Bishop in net tonight.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Stamkos (TBL) – $9200||Kucherov (TBL) – $5100||Stralman (TBL) – $3100||Niemi (SJS) – $7700|
|Thornton (SJS) – $5100||Palat (TBL) – $5100||Vlasic (SJS) – $3900||Ortio (CGY) – $6200|
|Koivu (MIN) – $4100||Marleau (SJS) – $5000||Spurgeon (MIN) – $4200|
|Seguin (DAL) – $8000||Nieto (SJS) – $2500||Daley (DAL) – $4500|
|Backlund (CGY) – $4200||Parise (MIN) – $6100||Giordano (CGY) – $5500|
|Pominville (MIN) – $5700|
|Benn (DAL) – $6100|
|Ritchie (DAL) – $3300|
|Gaudreau (CGY) – $4600|
- An additional stack I like tonight is Winnipeg (Frolik-Perreault-Scheifele particularly). With Lindback-Pavelec expected in net for Dallas and Winnipeg, it should be a high-scoring game.
- Tampa is complete chalk, but it’s a great spot and the wing values are just fine.
- Minnesota has been a mess lately, but that has dropped prices to very good points, and Buffalo is still Buffalo.
- Arizona will be going with Mike Smith in net for the rest of the season, and that’s good news for DFS players. A duo stack from Calgary isn’t a bad idea.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Matt Nieto (SJS-W, $2500) – Should be in for a good second half, plays with Joe Thornton, and has a good matchup tonight.
Patrick Wiercioch (OTT-D, $2500) – May be Ottawa’s second-most skilled defenseman (low bar, I know).