Columbus, Calgary, and the New York Islanders all played last night. With backup goalies expected in the Islanders/Blue Jackets game, that could be a fairly high-scoring contest. Calgary is on the road in Vancouver, making the Canucks a good target.
St. Louis is the biggest favorite on the board tonight, via Covers Experts. I would hesitate on going wild on the Blues, though, as their opponent (Carolina) has won three of their last four, and their lone loss was a tight 3-2 game in Nashville. Besides St. Louis, Vancouver and Los Angeles are the next-biggest favorites on the board.
-$7,000 prize pool.
– First place wins $1,000
– $2 entry fee (FREE with first deposit)
– Top 800 finishing positions are paid.
– Starts Saturday, January 10th at 7:00 PM EST
– Salary Cap Style Drafting. $50,000 to select 9 spots. 8 players and 1 goalie.
– Roster Format: 2 C, 3 W, 2 D, 1 G and 1 Util.
– First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
Remember: players are in order of value, not necessarily in cost. Just because Sidney Crosby is $8000 one day doesn’t mean he’s a better value than Andrew Shaw at $4000.
|Backstrom (WSH) – $6000||Tarasenko (STL) – $6500||Leddy (NYI) – $3300||Elliott (STL) – $8300|
|Dubinsky (CBJ) – $6000||Okposo (NYI) – $6400||Bieksa (VAN) – $3700||Holtby (WSH) – $7700|
|Sedin (VAN) – $4500||Hoffman (OTT) – $3300||Boyle (NYR) – $4600||Quick (LAK) – $7700|
|Stepan (NYR) – $5800||Perron (PIT) – $4300||Savard (CBJ) – $3500|
|Lehtera (STL) – $3500||St. Louis (NYR) – $6000||Letang (PIT) – $5200|
|Vermette (OTT) – $4300||Sedin (VAN) – $5800|
|Nielsen (NYI) – $4800||Burakovsky (WSH) – $3100|
|Carter (LAK) – $5300||Atkinson (CBJ) – $4100|
- My confidence in Washington and the NY Rangers hinge on if Henrik Zetterberg and Joe Thornton play tonight for their respective teams. They both seem to be game-time decisions, and if they are out, I like the Caps and Rangers quite a bit.
- If Thornton/Zetterberg do play, I don’t mind spending a bit more to upgrade to John Tavares, if only because there are a lot of good values across the board tonight.
- Henrik Sedin’s price and matchup dictates he’s as close to a must-play as it gets tonight.
- This isn’t a good night for stars and scrubs on DK; I’d rather put out a balanced lineup (no players over $7000).
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Backstrom (WSH) – $6000||Ovechkin (WSH) – $9200||Green (WSH) – $5000||Anderson (OTT) – $7400|
|Tavares (NYI) – $7900||Burakovsky (WSH) – $3100||Leddy (NYI) – $3300||Lundqvist (NYR) – $8500|
|Pageau (OTT) – $2500||Okposo (NYI) – $6400||Karlsson (OTT) – $6500|
|Sedin (VAN) – $4500||Bailey (NYI) – $3600||Bieksa (VAN) – $3700|
|Stepan (NYR) – $5800||Ryan (OTT) – $6400||Boyle (NYR) – $4600|
|Hoffman (OTT) – $3800|
|Sedin (VAN) – $5800|
|Burrows (VAN) – $3600|
|St. Louis (NYR) – $6000|
- Like cash games, my confidence in the Rangers and Capitals hinges on the availability of the Joe Thornton and Henrik Zetterberg. For those that want to avoid Detroit altogether, I have no problem moving to the Islanders.
- Ottawa’s second line is exceedingly cheap and have a great matchup tonight with the Coyotes and Mike Smith. Using that trio allows players to go just about anywhere else.
- Vancouver is a big chalk play tonight, but have a great matchup at home against Calgary with the Flames playing their second game in as many nights.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Nick Spaling (PIT-C, $2800) – Playing alongside Evgeni Malkin, and should avoid the P.K. Subban matchup at even strength.
Tanner Pearson (LAK-W, $2500) – At least two shots on goal in six of his last eight games, playing with Jeff Carter, and should avoid Dustin Byfuglien for the most part.
Cody Ceci (OTT-D, $2800) – Has registered a shot on goal in seven straight games (averaging 2.3 shots per game) and usually playing between 19-21 minutes over the last month.
**UPDATE: It looks like both Thornton and Zetterberg are back in the lineup. It makes me a lot less bullish on the Rangers and Capitals as a whole. No problem with Marleau or Nieto in cash games, or stacking those two with Thornton in a GPP. I might just stay away from the DET/WSH game.