Arizona, Nashville, Pittsburgh, and Washington all played last night, though there’s no real team to exploit out of there. I suppose Washington could be in for a rough night depending on who is in goal, but that’s about it.
Detroit is by far the biggest favorite for tonight, and for good reason. After that, the next two big favorites on the board (via Covers Experts) are Chicago and Minnesota. I would avoid starting Niklas Backstrom in cash games for the Wild, but going with Mrazek or Crawford in net is just fine.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on DraftKings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Zetterberg (DET) – $5800||Abdelkader (DET) – $3300||Leddy (NYI) – $3100||Mrazek (DET) – $7600|
|Lehtera (STL) – $4000||Benn (DAL) – $7000||Spurgeon (MIN) – $3900||Crawford (CHI) – $8200|
|Tavares (NYI) – $6200||Hall (EDM) – $6300||Daley (DAL) – $4300||Allen (STL) – $7000|
|Seguin (DAL) – $9200||Hemsky (DAL) – $3400||Hedman (TBL) – $4400|
|Koivu (MIN) – $4300||Okposo (NYI) – $6600||Kronwall (DET) – $4300|
|Toews (CHI) – $6100||Drouin (TBL) – $3600|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $7100||Vanek (MIN) – $5000|
|Bozak (TOR) – $4900||Boedker (ARI) – $4400|
|Kane (CHI) – $8500|
- It doesn’t matter a whole lot which of Datsyuk/Zetterberg DFS players use, but I think Zetterberg has a higher floor.
- Dallas has a supreme matchup, so tonight might be a good night to spend on Tyler Seguin.
- I have Mikko Koivu listed from Minnesota, mostly because he plays a lot of minutes. With that said, Charlie Coyle may get softer in-game matchups, so he’s fine too.
- I’m not a big fan of too many defensive options tonight, so I will probably just go cheap.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Seguin (DAL) – $9200||Benn (DAL) – $7000||Daley (DAL) – $4300||Schneider (NJD) – $6900|
|Coyle (MIN) – $4000||Hemsky (DAL) – $3400||Scandella (MIN) – $4600||Backstrom (MIN) – $6300|
|Zetterberg (DET) – $5800||Parise (MIN) – $7600||Kronwall (DET) – $4300|
|Datsyuk (DET) – $5400||Vanek (MIN) – $5000||Leddy (NYI) – $3100|
|Nelson (NYI) – $5500||Abdelkader (DET) – $3300||Keith (CHI) – $4300|
|Lee (NYI) – $3900||Hossa (CHI) – $4700|
|Strome (NYI) – $3700||Saad (CHI) – $4400|
|Toews (CHI) – $6100|
- Dallas and Detroit are pretty self-explanatory.
- If I’m going to use Minnesota or NY Islanders players, I’ll be using those that should have better in-game matchups. That means avoiding the respective top lines.
- Chicago’s top line is fairly cheap, and with the hobbling Jets blue line, they can be used with relative confidence.
- The two GPP goalie targets allow a lot of flexibility with rosters, and they both have decent matchups.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Jakub Kindl (DET-D, $2500) – Running the second power play unit for Detroit
Good luck and Happy Holidays!