There are no teams playing tonight who also played last night, so all the teams should be relatively rested. There is only seven games on the board, the lightest Thursday night that comes to memory this year (though I’ve been wrong before). The top two favorites on the board (via Covers Experts) are San Jose at home to and Pittsburgh at home to Colorado.
That second game is of particular interest. Sidney Crosby was at the morning skate with his teammates earlier today, and was skating on a top line with Evgeni Malkin and Patric Hornqvist. Crosby’s price has dropped while he was out with the mumps, so he’s a good option if he’s indeed in the lineup. If he’s not, I may turn to Brandon Sutter.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
Remember: players are in order of value, not necessarily in cost. Just because Sidney Crosby is $8000 one day doesn’t mean he’s a better value than Andrew Shaw at $4000.
|Crosby (PIT) – $8100||Skinner (CAR) – $5800||Green (WSH) – $4200||Niemi (SJS) – $8700|
|Couture (SJS) – $7600||Marleau (SJS) – $6000||Vlasic (SJS) – $3200||Fleury (PIT) – $9300|
|Johansen (CBJ) – $5100||Hornqvist (PIT) – $6900||Letang (PIT) – $6200|
|Sutter (PIT) – $4200||Maroon (ANA) – $3400||Ekblad (FLA) – $4300|
|Bozak (TOR) – $5400||Voracek (PHI) – $7000|
|Johansson (WSH) – $3600||Boyes (FLA) – $3800|
|Desharnais (MTL) – $3900||Atkinson (CBJ) – $4600|
|Toffoli (LAK) – $4500|
- San Jose has been pretty good at home over the last couple of years against Edmonton. They’re good options in both cash games and GPPs.
- The Washington power play is elite, the Columbus penalty kill is not. Both Green and Johansson are relatively cheap ways to get exposure to that top unit.
- I would lean on the Vegas favorites for goalies tonight. Both are pretty good matchups.
- Patrick Maroon got time with Ryan Getzlaf on the top line for Anaheim’s last game. He’s a good option for those looking to save some cap space.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Couture (SJS) – $7600||Marleau (SJS) – $6000||Letang (PIT) – $6200||Ward (CAR) – $6500|
|Crosby (PIT) – $8100||Wingels (SJS) – $5000||Burns (SJS) – $5700||Brodeur (STL) – $7400|
|Sutter (PIT) – $4200||Hornqvist (PIT) – $6900||Campbell (FLA) – $3300|
|Bjugstad (FLA) – $5100||Huberdeau (FLA) – $3900||Liles (CAR) – $3300|
|Rask (CAR) – $3000||Fleischmann (FLA) – $3700|
|Lindholm (CAR) – $3000||Skinner (CAR) – $5800|
|Malkin (PIT) – $9000|
- Pittsburgh and San Jose are obvious plays tonight.
- In two games against the Flyers this year, the Panthers haven’t had much trouble creating offense, mainly on the power play. With a bit of luck at even strength, it could be a good night for them offensively.
- Carolina may be without Eric Staal tonight, which will put the scoring squarely on the shoulders of the Skinner line. It’s a big boom-or-bust play, which is perfect for a GPP.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Fedor Tyutin (CBJ-D, $2700) – Tyutin’s price isn’t very far from his realistic floor.