No teams are playing the second game of a back to back tonight, so everyone is coming in rested. Which is important to note, considering the Lightning and Flyers have already confirmed that their backup goalies get the start tonight. It could be a high-scoring night in the NHL.
The biggest favorite on the board (via Covers Experts) is Tampa Bay, but they probably shouldn’t be as heavy favorites as they are tonight. Others include Washington, Calgary, and St. Louis, but there aren’t many overwhelming favorites tonight. This type of night allows for a lot of flexibility in roster construction, because there aren’t many wrong answers.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Carter (LAK) – $4400||Voracek (PHI) – $6300||Ellis (NSH) – $3500||Allen (STL) – $7000|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $5600||Forsberg (NSH) – $5900||Trouba (WPG) – $5500||Ramo (CGY) – $8400|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4800||Ladd (WPG) – $5900||Streit (PHI) – $4300||Rinne (NSH) – $9000|
|Johnson (TBL) – $5900||Toffoli (LAK) – $4600||Martinez (LAK) – $4100|
|Lehtera (STL) – $4000||Gaudreau (CGY) – $5100||Brodin (MIN) – $3200|
|Schenn (PHI) – $4900||Kucherov (TBL) – $4400|
|MacKinnon (COL) – $5600||Tarasenko (STL) – $8000|
|Jooris (CGY) – $3600||Vanek (MIN) – $4700|
- There are so many good values that it’s probably avoidable in paying up for any player tonight in the Stamkos-Ovechkin territory.
- With Evgeni Nabokov getting the start for Tampa Bay, a cash game goalie is very much wide open tonight. There’s no easy way to go.
- I am picking from the Lehtera line from St. Louis for cash games, but the other talented forwards from St. Louis are starting to pick up a bit of the scoring slack. Guys like Oshie and Backes should have lower ownership rates.
- If I pay up for one centre tonight, it’ll be Claude Giroux.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Johnson (TBL) – $5900||Palat (TBL) – $5200||Stralman (TBL) – $2900||Nabokov (TBL) – $6200|
|Backes (STL) – $4900||Kucherov (TBL) – $4400||Pietrangelo (STL) – $6500||Emery (PHI) – $6400|
|Oshie (STL) – $4400||Iginla (COL) – $4900||Redmond (COL) – $3100||Pickard (COL) – $6900|
|Berglund (STL) – $3500||Landeskog (COL) – $6400||Streit (PHI) – $4300|
|MacKinnon (COL) – $5600||Voracek (PHI) – $6300||Ceci (OTT) – $2900|
|Giroux (PHI) – $8400||Raffl (PHI) – $3200|
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $4800||Hoffman (OTT) – $3200|
|Ryan (OTT) – $5200|
- If Eric Staal is in the lineup tonight for Carolina, I would look at Tampa Bay’s second line to carry the scoring.
- Kind of the same situation with St. Louis – I like their secondary scorers in a GPP more than the Lehtera/Tarasenko/Schwartz line.
- Ottawa and Colorado are a couple of teams to go off the beaten path with. For Ottawa, they get a Los Angeles team that isn’t as good as they have been in recent years. For Colorado, I’m looking for the MacKinnon line to get away from the Weber/Josi defensive pairing.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Anton Stralman (TBL-D, $2900) – He should not be this cheap.