Arizona, Chicago, Montreal, and St. Louis are all playing their second game in as many nights, so expect a lot of backup goalies (that can lead to higher-than-normal scores). The one exception might be Chicago – Antti Raanta was supposed to start last night but was scratched late with an illness. It’s not certain whether he will start today at time of writing.
With the Coyotes having played last night, and Anaheim mostly healthy now, the Ducks are the biggest favorites of the night at -200. The Rangers are next at -145, with the rest closer than that (all via Covers Experts). With such a short slate, and Anaheim having such a good matchup, it seems almost certain that the expensive Ducks players (Perry, Getzlaf) will be 50-percent owned or higher.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $7000||Perry (ANA) – $7600||Boyle (NYR) – $3300||Andersen (ANA) – $6400|
|Brassard (NYR) – $4200||Nash (NYR) – $8000||Vatanen (ANA) – $5200||Lundqvist (NYR) – $8600|
|Sedin (VAN) – $4400||Kane (WPG) – $5400||Bieksa (VAN) – $3600|
|Stepan (NYR) – $4900||Saad (CHI) – $4800||Enstrom (WPG) – $3500|
|Stastny (STL) – $4000||Zuccarello (NYR) – $4200||Fowler (ANA) – $4100|
|Perreault (WPG) – $3900||Kreider (NYR) – $3600|
|Vrbata (VAN) – $6400|
- As mentioned, expect a lot of people to be on quite a few Ducks today.
- The Rangers also have a good spot tonight, catching the Canadiens on the second game of a back to back, and one night after a game with Boston. Having players from different NYR lines might not be a bad thing tonight.
- There’s no real need to spend on defencemen tonight, though it may be necessary because of so many deflated salaries.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Stepan (NYR) – $4900||St. Louis (NYR) – $4900||Fowler (ANA) – $4100||Pavelec (WPG) – $6400|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $7000||Kreider (NYR) – $3600||Boyle (NYR) – $3300||Miller (VAN) – $7300|
|Perreault (WPG) – $3900||Perry (ANA) – $7400||Enstrom (WPG) – $3500|
|Brassard (NYR) – $4200||Kane (WPG) – $5400||Vatanen (ANA) – $5300|
|Byfuglien (WPG) – $4800|
|Nash (NYR) – $8000|
|Zuccarello (NYR) – $4200|
- You’ll notice two different sets of Rangers lines. I think it’s a great matchup for the Rangers, but it’s tough to tell which line Montreal will target for shutdown.
- With Winnipeg being at home, they’ll be able to get the last change, and they’ll hopefully be able to get Perreault/Kane away from tough matchups. Also, there’s no real telling how much ice time Dustin Byfuglien will get tonight, but he’s too talented to leave off the board at his price.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Brad Richardson (VAN-C, $2800) – There are not (m)any good options for cheap at centre today. This is truly a gut call.
Rene Bourque (ANA-W, $2500) – The newly-acquired Duck appears to be ready to get his chance on the top line in Anaheim (via theScore).
Paul Postma (WPG-D, $2500) – Winnipeg’s last game saw Postma paired up a fair amount of the time with Dustin Byfuglien.