The first point of order is that the San Jose-Buffalo game may be postponed tonight. The Buffalo area has been nailed by a pretty good storm, and that’s put tonight’s game in question. Keep an eye to your favorite hockey resource, because this is a where there is no final word at time of writing.
The only team that player last night was Tampa Bay, but the only real concern with that team is that they’re starting Evgeni Nabokov in goal.
As far as Vegas favorites go, San Jose, Los Angeles, and Dallas are the big ones. It’s that last time I’m most interested in because Cody Eakin has been moved to the top line for the Stars with Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin, while Ales Hemsky has been put on the second line with Jason Spezza.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $7100||Hornqvist (PIT) – $7000||Ellis (NSH) – $3400||Grosenick (SJS) – $6200|
|Perreault (WPG) – $2600||Benn (DAL) – $6400||Vlasic (SJS) – $3100||Quick (LAK) – $9000|
|Malkin (PIT) – $7100||Perry (ANA) – $7100||Leddy (NYI) – $3800||Lehtonen (DAL) – $7300|
|Couture (SJS) – $6200||Neal (NSH) – $7000||Daley (DAL) – $4300|
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4200||Kane (WPG) – $5500||Enstrom (WPG) – $3900|
|Tavares (NYI) – $6700||Marleau (SJS) – $5900|
|Zetterberg (DET) – $5900||Wilson (WSH) – $3200|
|Nielsen (NYI) – $5500||Bailey (NYI) – $4100|
|Berglund (STL) – $3300||Maroon (ANA) – $3000|
|Byfuglien (WPG) – $4700|
- The prices of some centers – Getzlaf, Malkin, Couture, Tavares – has declined quite a bit over the last couple of weeks. That gives them all relatively good value.
- Frans Nielsen was moved to the top power play unit for the Islanders, with Josh Bailey on the top line at even strength.
- Boston may be a bit short-handed tonight with Brad Marchand out and David Krejci a game-time decision. That gives me confidence in STL players not facing the Bergeron line (likely the Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko line).
- Patrick Maroon and Tom Wilson are both in plus matchups and are playing on their team’s top line.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Ribeiro (NSH) – $4200||Neal (NSH) – $7000||Weber (NSH) – $5900||Hutchinson (WPG) – $7100|
|Couture (SJS) – $6200||Forsberg (NSH) – $7400||Vlasic (SJS) – $3100||Grosenick (SJS) – $6200|
|Perreault (WPG) – $2600||Marleau (SJS) – $5900||Enstrom (WPG) – $3900||Luongo (FLA) – $7900|
|Malkin (PIT) – $7100||Nieto (SJS) – $2800||Ehrhoff (PIT) – $3600|
|Eakin (DAL) – $2900||Kane (WPG) – $5500||Daley (DAL) – $4300|
|Seguin (DAL) – $9000||Byfuglien (WPG) – $4700||Boychuk (NYI) – $5400|
|Tavares (NYI) – $6700||Hornqvist (PIT) – $7000|
|Nielsen (NYI) – $5500||Benn (DAL) – $6400|
- I do like the chances of Nashville’s first line running wild on the Leafs tonight.
- The price of the Kane-Perreault-Byfuglien line is almost too good to pass up. The trio, for reference, is over $1000 cheaper than just Malkin/Hornqvist.
- With Cody Eakin on Dallas’s top line, and the price drop of Jamie Benn over the last couple of weeks, makes the Dallas top unit very stackable as well.
- Michael Hutchinson has a very good price, and a decent matchup, in net tonight for the Jets.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Cody Eakin (DAL-C, $2900) – Was seen on the top line in Dallas during morning skate.
Blake Comeau (PIT-W, $2900) – Was put on the top line at even strength for Pittsburgh with Sidney Crosby.
Jason Demers (SJS-D, $2500) – Anyone is useful against Buffalo; Demers gets power play time.