Daily Fantasy Basketball is back, which means each day XN Sports will have a column detailing advised plays and lineups for the remainder of the NBA season. For those familiar with DraftKings, their daily fantasy basketball is formatted differently this season. There is no multi-position eligibility, which makes it a bit harder to set your lineup.
For those unfamiliar with DraftKings, you are given $50,000 in cap space to select a point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, center, a guard, a forward, and a utility player. There are no points deducted for missed shots, which changes the strategy from other sites. To read the full scoring, click here. Keep in mind that a double-double awards a bonus, which can be the difference between cashing in and winning nothing.
Generally, the goal for value is at five times a players salary. That brings a lineup to 250 fantasy points, which will cash on most days.
Give DraftKings a shot, as there will be a few freeroll opportunities each night in Daily Fantasy Basketball. Click here to play.
Without further ado, the value plays and lineups for November 14th:
There are a few guards that are cheap plays tonight, so rather than detail just one, here is a mini cheat-sheet.
Anthony Morrow, Oklahoma City Thunder $4,000
– Minutes have increased exponentially in his two games this season.
– Thunder are starved for offense, and Morrow scored 28 points on 16 shots in his second game since returning from injury.
– Faces the Pistons, who are in the bottom third in allowing fantasy points to opposing shooting guards.
Zach LaVine, Minnesota Timberwolves $4,100
– Will continue to start for the Wolves, with Mo Williams leading the second unit.
– Played 34 minutes in a blowout, so it is clear that he’ll see minutes regardless of score.
– Need to hit 20.5 fantasy points for value, which he has eclipsed in both of his starts this season
– The Pelicans are in the bottom half of points allowed, and LaVine is not afraid to shoot the basketball.
Isaiah Canaan, Houston Rockets $4,200
– If Patrick Beverley is out again, Canaan starts for the Rockets.
– The Sixers give up the sixth-most fantasy points to opposing points guards.
– Prior to the last game, Canaan reached value in four of five contests
Lance Thomas, Power Forward, Oklahoma City Thunder $3,000
Thomas is one of a few players at the minimum price that has value tonight, and he is our top value at forward. Listed at power forward on DraftKings, Thomas plays the “three” forward for the Thunder, and will continue to play big minutes with Perry Jones out. At the minimum, value is reached at anything over 15 fantasy points, but with Thomas slated to play big minutes, more than that can be expected, making him an excellent option in any lineup. In the Thunder’s last game, Thomas scored 31.3 fantasy points in 39 minutes of work. Until his price rises or Jones returns, Thomas is a staple in DFS lineups.
Center of the Night
Center is just too difficult a position to find value, which is why spending is highly advised. Rather than trying to find a value at center for each night, XNSports will outline the best matchup a center has for each given night.
Dwight Howard, Houston Rockets $8,600
Despite the massive blowout last night, the Sixers will be at it again tonight against the Rockets. In DFS, blowouts tend to scare people away from certain players, and that could be the case tonight with the Rockets, but I’m still all-in. The Sixers are in the bottom five in nearly every category, and Howard will have an excellent matchup on the glass with the Sixers being last in the NBA in rebound percentage. At his price, value can be attained at 43 fantasy points. Howard is averaging 42.2 per game, but considering the matchup, he is one of the top choices among any position tonight. The only thing that will stop him from reaching value is foul trouble or a blowout.
PG – Brandon Jennings $6,800
SG – James Harden $10,300
SF – LeBron James $10,700
PF – Lance Thomas $3,000
C – J.J. Hickson $3,500
G – Tyreke Evans $7,700
F – Donatas Motiejunas $4,000
UTIL – Anthony Morrow $4,000
*Keep an eye on the inactives, as things in the NBA change at the last second. Good luck tonight.