The Boston Bruins and the Los Angeles Kings are the only two teams who played last night that are also playing tonight. Los Angeles is at home, and are facing a Dallas team that has reunited a Jason Spezza–Tyler Seguin–Jamie Benn top line. On the flipside, the Bruins head on the road to Montreal to face a Canadiens team that already beat them once in Quebec this year.
The obvious, overwhelming favorites are the Minnesota Wild, just like every team who faces Buffalo. Other than that, there are no teams higher than (-165) so there are a lot of matchups that could plausibly go both ways. The Coyotes-Flames and Senators-Oilers games should be fairly defense-optional, so a look at players from both teams in those games is encouraged.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on DraftKings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Granlund (MIN) – $3600||Pominville (MIN) – $5400||Stralman (TBL) – $3300||Kuemper (MIN) – $7000|
|Brassard (NYR) – $5100||St. Louis (NYR) – $5700||Suter (MIN) – $4300||Lundqvist (NYR) – $8800|
|Galchenyuk (MTL) – $4200||Benn (DAL) – $6500||Subban (MTL) – $5700||Price (MTL) – $8400|
|Filppula (TBL) – $4900||Eberle (EDM) – $5800||Garrison (TBL) – $4600|
|Spezza (DAL) – $5700||Kane (WPG) – $6300||Gilbert (MTL) – $3400|
|Monahan (CGY) – $5300||Tlusty (CAR) – $3900||Dumba (MIN) – $3300|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8500||Nash (NYR) – $7800|
|Vermette (ARI) – $4600||Callahan (TBL) – $5800|
|Nugent-Hopkins (EDM) – $5900||Hudler (CGY) – $4400|
- There aren’t many expensive options tonight; in fact, there are only eight skaters over $7K, and one of them is a defenseman. In that sense, paying for Subban, Garrison, or in net isn’t necessarily a bad idea even though it’s not a short slate.
- There is a ton of value at center today. With today’s pricing, fitting in Stamkos is pretty easy even though he’s further down the list of centers.
- With Spezza back on the top line for Dallas, he’s a pretty reasonable price to get exposure to that trio.
- Goaltender is tough tonight for people staying off Darcy Kuemper (he should be > 60% owned, I would think). No other goalie has a “great” matchup, though Lundqvist’s isn’t bad.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Granlund (MIN) – $3600||Pominville (MIN) – $5400||Suter (MIN) – $4300||Scrivens (EDM) – $6200|
|Stamkos (TBL) – $8500||Callahan (TBL) – $5800||Stralman (TBL) – $3300||Ward (CAR) – $7000|
|Filppula (TBL) – $4900||St. Louis (NYR) – $5700||Garrison (TBL) – $4600|
|Brassard (NYR) – $5100||Nash (NYR) – $7800||Yandle (ARI) – $5800|
|Vermette (ARI) – $4600||Boedker (ARI) – $4400||Schultz (EDM) – $4000|
|Nugent-Hopkins (EDM) – $5900||Eberle (EDM) – $5800||Brodie (CGY) – $4700|
|Granlund (CGY) – $3100||Pouliot (EDM) – $3900|
|Hudler (CGY) – $4400|
- The vanilla plays today are Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and the New York Rangers. While Minnesota and the Rangers have pretty good matchups, Tampa Bay is still playing a team (San Jose) that is fairly good offensively. Could be a track-meet game.
- Both sides of Arizona and Calgary have very good values among their forwards, and it looks to be a high-scoring game tonight.
- Edmonton’s top line has a great matchup and is fairly cheap to stack.
- There are a lot of good values today as I mentioned earlier, so spending a bit more on defensemen than usual isn’t a bad idea. In fact, it could help separate in GPPs on this slate.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Matt Nieto (SJS-W, $2600) – Still playing second line in San Jose, and second unit PP minutes.
Matt Hunwick (NYR-D, $2900) – Hunwick should get about half of his value tonight in blocked shots alone. That gives him decent upside.