New Jersey and Edmonton both played last night, and are the two teams on the second night of a back-to-back. Edmonton’s is almost irrelevant considering they’re playing Buffalo tonight, but it might be a good night to pick against Cory Schneider and the Devils, as a goalie playing back-to-back nights is almost never a good idea.
Anaheim and Chicago are the big favorites tonight, but not without their issues. Everyone remembers the game-time scratches of Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry earlier this week, and there’s no guarantee (at time of writing) of either playing tonight. Chicago will also be without Patrick Sharp for a few weeks, which has put Ben Smith and Patrick Kane on the top line with Jonathan Toews.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $6900||Semin (CAR) – $3500||Vatanen (ANA) – $3700||Howard (DET) – $7800|
|Staal (CAR) – $4900||Nyquist (DET) – $5300||Kronwall (DET) – $4400||Andersen (ANA) – $9400|
|Shaw (CHI) – $3600||Hossa (CHI) – $5100||Schultz (EDM) – $4200|
|Nugent-Hopkins (EDM) – $5300||Perry (ANA) – $8200||Keith (CHI) – $5100|
|Zetterberg (DET) – $7700||Eberle (EDM) – $7300|
|Johansen (CBJ) – $7000||Tlusty (CAR) – $4900|
|Atkinson (CBJ) – $5700|
|Maroon (ANA) – $3600|
|Ovechkin (WSH) – $9000|
- Eric Staal’s price has dropped to a ridiculous price. He’s nearly a must-play tonight. Same goes with Andrew Shaw, though I would pick one or the other.
- I like Zetterberg tonight but that price is getting a wee bit high. With all the values available today, though, it’s not too bad to swallow.
- It’s not a bad night to spend a decent chunk of change on defensemen, but it doesn’t have to be overboard. Spending $8K+ isn’t bad, I wouldn’t go much higher than that, though.
- Atkinson and Johansen have been broken up in the lineup, so I would avoid taking both tonight.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $6900||Maroon (ANA) – $3600||Vatanen (ANA) – $3700||Fasth (EDM) – $6200|
|Toews (CHI) – $6800||Perry (ANA) – $8200||Keith (CHI) – $5100||Ward (CAR) – $6500|
|Zetterberg (DET) – $7700||Kane (CHI) – $6800||Kronwall (DET) – $4400||Howard (DET) – $7800|
|Staal (CAR) – $4900||Nyquist (DET) – $5600||Schultz (EDM) – $4200|
|Nugent-Hopkins (EDM) – $5300||Tlusty (CAR) – $4900|
|Eberle (EDM) – $7300|
|Pouliot (EDM) – $3200|
- This is not a great GPP night. Anaheim’s lineup has me concerned, Columbus/Carolina is an awful game to pick from, Edmonton/Buffalo might actually see Buffalo with more scoring value (!!!), Chicago/Washington are two pretty good defensive teams.
- The only team I’m reasonably comfortable with stacking tonight is Detroit, and they’re playing a pretty good defensive team. That’s how bad the options are tonight.
- There should be nice, cheap, off-the-board options in net. That’s the one aspect of GPPs tonight that could be advantageous.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
Victor Rask (CAR-C, $2800) – Victor Rask has been given first unit power play minutes with Carolina.
Ben Smith (CHI-W, $2500) – Smith has been placed on the top line in Chicago with Toews and Kane, though the lineup blender tends to come out quick in Chicago.
Jakub Kindl (DET-D, $2700) – Kindl is seeing more ice time overall, and has been given second unit power play duties.