Eight of the fourteen teams playing today also played last night. That means a lot of goalies – and line combinations – won’t be known until warmups before the game. For those playing tonight, it’ll be a good idea to be near a computer 20 minutes before each game time to figure out who is in and who is out.
Both Detroit and Chicago are big favorites today (both are -250) so I would look there for a goalie. I also like Justin Peters today for Washington, not necessarily for his skills but because Arizona isn’t a very good hockey team.
There are a lot of good values on the wings. Using a couple of them allows a lot of flexibility for the rest of a lineup. That’s something to keep in mind today.
Finally, note that the Montreal Canadiens have scrambled their lineups. Checking Daily Faceoff for these updates every day is recommended.
As always, check Left Wing Lock for goalie confirmations.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on Draft Kings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Datsyuk (DET) – $7800||Pacioretty (MTL) – $7000||Green (WSH) – $5600||Peters (WSH) – $6200|
|Carter (LAK) – $6100||Nyquist (DET) – $5600||Subban (MTL) – $5800||Howard (DET) – $7700|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $5100||Ovechkin (WSH) – $7700||Muzzin (LAK) – $3400||Raanta (CHI) – $7500|
|Galchenyuk (MTL) – $4800||Pearson (LAK) – $3400||Vatanen (ANA) – $4000|
|Toews (CHI) – $6300||Kane (CHI) – $5800|
|Desharnais (MTL) – $4000||Gallagher (MTL) – $4700|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $6400||Maroon (ANA) – $3700|
|Burakovsky (WSH) – $4000|
|Perry (ANA) – $7400|
- As I mentioned, there are a lot of good values among wingers. Brendan Gallagher still gets PP1 time, Maroon is back on the top line for Anaheim, and Pearson has an obscenely low price.
- I do think Colorado gets on the board against Anaheim, I’m just not sure which line(s) do the damage. That makes picking Avalanche players tough.
- With so many savings to be had in net and on the wing, it’s possible to spend pretty heavy among defense. I’d rather have Mike Green today, if only because the matchup is a little bit better.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Backstrom (WSH) – $5100||Ovechkin (WSH) – $7700||Green (WSH) – $5600||Peters (WSH) – $6200|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $6400||Ward (WSH) – $4600||Vatanen (ANA) – $4000||Raanta (CHI) – $7500|
|Carter (LAK) – $6100||Perry (ANA) – $7400||Markov (MTL) – $3800||Khudobin (CAR) – $6200|
|Galchenyuk (MTL) – $4800||Maroon (ANA) – $3700||Kronwall (DET) – $5200|
|Shaw (CHI) – $4000||Toffoli (LAK) – $6200||Muzzin (LAK) – $3400|
|Toews (CHI) – $6300||Pearson (LAK) – $3400|
|Gallagher (MTL) – $4800|
|Kane (CHI) – $4000|
- Washington has too good of a matchup to pass on, and the same goes for Anaheim.
- I like Los Angeles today but I always worry about being on the road. The Carter line could match against the Staal line, and that’s not ideal.
- Montreal has a cheap secondary stack working with Galchenyuk/Gallagher, who are now together at even strength. They play separate power plays, but it’s even strength where Montreal should make hay today.
- Expect more goals from Chicago today than the two they put up yesterday in Toronto.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
John Mitchell (COL-C, $2500) – Mitchell is better than he gets credit for, and should be able to get some open ice against the bottom six from Anaheim.
Danny DeKeyser (DET-D, $2500) – The lone defenseman on Detroit’s second power play unit. I shouldn’t have to mention how good the matchup is today.