- An Argument for Montréal Keeping Alex Galchenyuk - Apr 27, 2017
- Coming to Terms with the Passing of Jose Fernandez - Sep 26, 2016
- NHL: Seth Jones Traded for Ryan Johansen; Jordan Weal’s Depth Problem - Jan 12, 2016
Saturday’s are always the biggest slates in the NHL, today being no exception with 11 games tonight.
Buffalo, Florida, Columbus, Vancouver, and Nashville all played last night. They play Boston, Washington, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, and Chicago respectively tonight. That Florida/Washington game should be a good source of goals and points. Same goes for Boston. The power play potential for the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight against the New York Islanders is pretty high, so that’s not a bad team to attack, either. I will wait to see who starts in net for Nashville, but I’m guessing the Blackhawks have a good night on the score sheet as well.
Without Semyon Varlamov or even backup Reto Berra, it would see like the Avalanche are a good team to pick against tonight, too. Detroit and Toronto play each other for the second night in a row, this time in Detroit. It might not actually be a bad night to look at some Leafs players with Jonas Gustavsson in net for the Red Wings. Finally, Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin (and, well, Dallas in general) should be able to feast on the Philadelphia Flyers tonight.
The highest Vegas lines to win belong to Washington, Chicago, and Boston tonight.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on DraftKings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Shaw (CHI) – $4800||Hornqvist (PIT) – $6800||Severson (NJD) – $2500||Peters (WSH) – $6200|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $6100||Benn (DAL) – $7100||Goligoski (DAL) – $4600||Svedberg (BOS) – $6300|
|Seguin (DAL) – $8000||Brouwer (WSH) – $5000||Tanev (VAN) – $3400||Crawford (CHI) – $7400|
|Johansson (WSH) – $3900||Ovechkin (WSH) – $9300||Martin (PIT) – $3400|
|Crosby (PIT) – $9500||Smith (BOS) – $4100||Hamilton (BOS) – $3500|
|Soderberg (BOS) – $4200||Pacioretty (MTL) – $6600|
|Kucherov (TB) – $3700|
|Abdelkader (DET) – $3900|
- Tonight is a good night to cheap out on the defensemen. There are a lot of good options for cheap, and even Goligoski at $4600.
- It’s not Braden Holtby in net tonight for Washington, it’s Justin Peters. That makes me uneasy, seeing as Peters is 58th out of 65 goalies since 2009 in 5-on-5 save percentage (min. 2500 mins played; via Hockey Analysis). Still, it’s a great matchup, so if he were to have a really good game this year, it should be tonight.
- Both Crosby and Ovechkin seem to be worth their price tonight. This should be a two power play goal night against for Pittsburgh, while Ovechkin against not-Roberto Luongo for Florida is gold, Jerry.
- Johan Franzen might not be playing for Detroit tonight, but Justin Abdelkader was thrusted to the top line regardless last night.
- Johansson at $3900 playing top power play minutes for Washington is good value.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Seguin (DAL) – $8000||Benn (DAL) – $7100||Goligoski (DAL) – $4600||Peters (WSH) – $6200|
|Bergeron (BOS) – $5800||Eriksson (BOS) – $4600||Hamilton (BOS) – $3500||Lehner (OTT) – $6900|
|Crosby (PIT) – $9500||Smith (BOS) – $4100||Letang (PIT) – $6000|
|Desharnais (MTL) – $3900||Hornqvist (PIT) – $6800||Martin (PIT) – $3400|
|Pacioretty (MTL) – $6600|
|Gallagher (MTL) – $5800|
|Tarasenko (STL) – $5700|
- I’ll be hard-pressed to make many lineups without Benn/Seguin in them. There’s too much potential tonight.
- Boston should be able to put up quite a few goals against a team, and a goalie, that played last night.
Slim’s Pickins (Plays Under $3K)
Rene Bourque (W-MTL, $2900) – Bourque should be matched up against the bottom-six of Colorado, and the last defensive pairing, too. That’s prime time right there, even without the PP time.
Tim Erixon (D-CBJ, $2500) – Erixon doesn’t get a lot of even strength time, but gets a ton of power play time.
Jori Lehtera (C-STL, $2500) – Like Bourque, Lehtera should be matched up against the depth of the opponent, this time Arizona. Unline Bourque, though, Lehtera gets power play time, too.
Simon Gagne (W-BOS, $2500) – No power play time, but second line minutes alongside David Krejci.
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 7 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- How legal betting states will contribute to revenue growth across major US sports
- The XN Sports family would like to express our deep sorrow in the sudden passing of Kwame Beard
- Week 6 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 5 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread