- Watch: James McCann Hits Bird With Foul Ball - Mar 14, 2015
- Video: San Francisco Giants Fans Go Crazy at Phish Concert - Oct 31, 2014
- Video: Kansas City Royals Win 1985 World Series - Oct 21, 2014
Major League Baseball will try out six new rules during this year’s Arizona Fall League season. The rules will attempt to speed up the play of the game.
The new rules that MLB will try out are: 1. Hitter’s must keep one foot in the batter’s box, except during foul balls, timeout, and wild pitches. 2. Pitchers will be asked to throw a pitch in 20 seconds after receiving the ball, clocks will be placed in each home and visitor dugouts. 3. The break between innings will be limited to 2 minutes and 5 seconds. 4. Teams will have 2 minutes and 30 seconds to change out a pitcher. 5. Teams will be limited to 3 mound visits per game. 6. Managers can signal to the umpire for intentional walk.
According to Amalie Benjamin, baseball games in 2012 were averaging 2 hours and 55 minutes opposed to 2 hours and 25 minutes in 1963.
Here is an example of a player slowing the game down.
Courtesy of omymar13
Arizona Fall League starts October 7th, with the championship game on November 15th.
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 7 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- How legal betting states will contribute to revenue growth across major US sports
- The XN Sports family would like to express our deep sorrow in the sudden passing of Kwame Beard
- Week 6 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 5 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread