- Von Miller – The New Chapter - Oct 17, 2014
- Titans TE Delanie Walker Challenges Fans in Fantasy Football For Charity - Sep 26, 2014
- Sean Payton Buys 100 Devon Still Jerseys Out Of His Own Pocket - Sep 11, 2014
Fantasy football’s popularity has been steadily rising for decades with no immediate end in sight.
People from all demographics, social classes and levels of fandom come together each fall to try their hand at drafting and selecting real NFL players to earn points in fake match up scenarios. Seasonal leagues, dynasty leagues and weekly sites have sprouted up like Starbucks a decade ago across the internet’s landscape.
Some do it for straight up bragging rights or large manufactured league trophies while others play for the chance for cold hard cash.
Fantasyfundraising.com has found an innovative and unique way to get people involved in the game that they love while supporting various charities and potentially earning actual prizes. Fans are given the opportunity to compete against their favorite celebrities and athletes, all while helping much needed charitable causes, a total win-win.
Tennessee Titans Tight End Delanie Walker has announced a partnership with fantasyfundraising.com and Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) for the remainder of the 2014 football season. The NFL has certainly had no shortage of players making the poor decision to get behind the wheel after a few beverages over the years. Walker deciding to focus on this specific charity should be beneficial to the NFL and will hopefully serve as a reminder to everyone out there just how easy it is to seek an alternative ride if they have been drinking.
“We know drunk driving is a 100 percent preventable crime and while we continue to make strides in advocacy and awareness, we know there is more work to do,” said Jan Withers, MADD National President. “We thank Fantasy Fundraising and Delanie Walker for their support in our mission to stop drunk driving through this fun and interactive way with fans.”
Those who sign up to compete against Walker at Fantasy Fundraising have the chance to not only say they took down an NFL tight end in fantasy football, but also have the ability to walk away with a signed jersey or other cool prizes.
When asked about his decision to support MADD via the fantasy football platform Walker said, “I’ve had the privilege of working with MADD since tragically losing my aunt and uncle two years ago to a drunk driver, so to continue supporting through fantasy football and connecting with fans is awesome, plus, it’s pretty cool to be able to start myself in my one-week leagues against MADD supporters and Titans fans.”
So for all of you fantasy football degenerates out there, why not try your hand at beating Delanie Walker or other various actors, singers and professional athletes while benefiting your community at the same time?
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread