- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
As training camps across the NFL get underway, XN Sports will report the top headlines of each day.
With the preseason nearing, there is no shortage of intrigue and optimism, key injuries, and potential holdouts, as well as late offseason signings.
Here are the top five headlines for Monday:
Down and out in San Fran
If you’re a running back for the 49ers, you may want to take extra caution this summer. Over the past few days, Kendall Hunter tore his ACL and was lost for the 2014 season, and LaMichael James dislocated his elbow and should miss at least one month of action. Sophomore Marcus Lattimore has yet to make his camp debut.
That leaves starter Frank Gore and second-round pick Carlos Hyde as the two healthy backs during camp. All of a sudden a very deep backfield got mighty thin.
Spiller on the block?
CBS Sports reported Sunday that the Bills could trade C.J. Spiller before the start of the season. Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown and Anthony Dixon are the other backs in Buffalo, but none are as explosive as Spiller.
Perhaps the trade for Brown in the offseason was a sign that the team is looking to part ways with the former first-round pick. Spiller is entering the final year of his contract and there should be a big market for him.
50-50 split in Twin Cities
For all the speculation that Matt Cassel is entrenched as the Vikings’ starting quarterback, rookie Teddy Bridgewater is playing ahead of the curve.
Bridgewater has already begun to see 50 percent of the first-team reps during camp. Coach Mike Zimmer has already stated he won’t hesitate to start the rookie. Perhaps with a strong enough camp, Bridgewater can prove he’s worthy of starting as soon as Week 1.
Fitz’s final year?
The Arizona Republic believes 2014 could be Larry Fitzgerald‘s last year in Arizona. Fitzgerald will be 31 at the start of the season and carries a cap hit of almost $24 million next season, a huge price tag for a veteran wide receiver.
Fitzgerald has yet to record a 1,000-yard season since 2011, so it’s clear he’s on the downside of his career. Cardinals management hasn’t given any indication Fitzgerald is going anywhere.
Rookie suffers concussion
Jets first-round pick, safety Calvin Pryor, suffered a concussion over the weekend. It’s a little ironic, as Pryor is usually the one that’s dishing out head injuries to other players.
Though the team doesn’t view it as a serious injury, Pryor is going to be counted to play a major role in the Jets’ secondary.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread